Difference between revisions of "Orbit Minutes 070515"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Line 12: Line 12:
 
====IP Log info====
 
====IP Log info====
 
DJ to give an update on Orbit IP Log info web page generation. (student project)
 
DJ to give an update on Orbit IP Log info web page generation. (student project)
 
====Release====
 
We are getting close to the Platform 3.3 release, do we anticipate many more changes in Orbit before then?
 
  
 
====Xerces====
 
====Xerces====
Line 32: Line 29:
 
* <font color="red">Action: DJ/Pascal to come up with a plan/proposal</font>
 
* <font color="red">Action: DJ/Pascal to come up with a plan/proposal</font>
 
* Should a recommendation be don't use multiple locations anymore?
 
* Should a recommendation be don't use multiple locations anymore?
 +
 +
===Other Discussion Topics===
 +
 +
====Release====
 +
We are getting close to the Platform 3.3 release, do we anticipate many more changes in Orbit before then?
 +
  
 
==Next Meeting==
 
==Next Meeting==

Revision as of 15:19, 10 May 2007

Contents

Attendees

  • TBD

Discussion

Review action items from last call

IP Log info

DJ to give an update on Orbit IP Log info web page generation. (student project)

Xerces

David to give an update of where we are with splitting up the Xerces APIs bundle.

  • Work in progress.
  • It is hard to figure out the differences between the spec and the interfaces included with Xerces.
  • Hopes to get things sorted out by the WTP milestone.
  • Action: David to create wiki page with summary
  • Perhaps include a readme in the individual bundles so people know what to consume/depend on.

Bugs Blocking Orbit

There are a few bugs in the platform which are serious enough to be blocking Orbit.

  • 163746, 183608, 176183 - if we have 2 extension locations we only install to 1 but have probs if people disable that one and we are using bundles from it
  • If bundles are shared across locations then we see red Xs in the Manage Configs immediately
  • This used to work before in callisto because shared bundles had their own features.
  • Action: DJ/Pascal to investigate
  • Action: DJ/Pascal to come up with a plan/proposal
  • Should a recommendation be don't use multiple locations anymore?

Other Discussion Topics

Release

We are getting close to the Platform 3.3 release, do we anticipate many more changes in Orbit before then?


Next Meeting

  • TBD