Orbit Minutes 070313
- Call convened at 1100 EDT
- Call-in: 613.287.8000 or 866.362.7064, passcode 892048#
- Previous Meeting: Orbit Minutes 070227
- Christian Damus
- Martin Oberhuber
- Thomas Watson
- Jeff McAffer
- Kim Moir
- DJ Houghton
Review action items from last call
IP Log info
Pascal to work on a document describing the format and requirements. Jeff to review.
- Initial draft done. Awaiting review before released to dev list for comments.
- Action: Jeff to review doc.
- Action: DJ to send to dev list for comments.
Consuming Orbit Bundles
Kim to work on doc "How to consume Orbit".
- Action: Kim to create a wiki page
- Action: ??? - Orbit maps to always specify a version number
Update features and map files
David to update the Orbit build process and try multi-versions in the map files. If everything works out he will combine the map and feature files. Note: Does this mean we are down to 1 feature.xml and 1 map file now?
- Looks like we are close (need update from David)
- Features can handle multiple versions of the same bundle.
- Are there problems with PDE/Build when building multiple versions of the same bundle when it is a singleton?
- Tom says there is a dev flag for the State to allow for multiple versions of singleton plug-ins to resolve at the same time.
- Also allows for bundles to be resolved against non-resolved dependent bundles.
- Action: DJ to talk to Pascal and confirm there are no problems.
There are some open issues with the Xerces bundle around splitting the API bundle into mutliple JARs.
- Need to get status from David
Other discussion topics
The Platform M6 milestone is March 23 and the Orbit milestone is n-1 so its this week. Are there any remaining issues to address before we graduate a build?
- org.apache.commons.net to have minor changes this week
- Action: DJ to send note to dev list
- Signing - Do we need legal approval for signing?
- Action: Jeff to confirm or deny
- Members of Orbit should start reviewing other members' bundles for form, etc.
- Review doc for promotion policy
Some pre-built bundles (like ICU 3.4.5) have exact versions in the manifest. Since they are pre-built should we leave them as-is or should we be adding ".qualifier" to the bundle version? Also, if we don't add the qualifier, then we should remove the ".qualifier" from the version in the feature.xml file.
- As soon as we modify anything in the bundle, then we should take that opportunity to add a qualifier to the bundle version if its missing.
- Signing doesn't count.
- Should we re-sign if already signed? Yes...goal is to say "this is the one we got from Eclipse".
- April 3, 2007