Jump to: navigation, search

Orbit Minutes 070313

Attendees

Discussion

Review action items from last call

IP Log info

Pascal to work on a document describing the format and requirements. Jeff to review.

Consuming Orbit Bundles

Kim to work on doc "How to consume Orbit".

Update features and map files

David to update the Orbit build process and try multi-versions in the map files. If everything works out he will combine the map and feature files. Note: Does this mean we are down to 1 feature.xml and 1 map file now?

Xerces

There are some open issues with the Xerces bundle around splitting the API bundle into mutliple JARs.

Other discussion topics

Orbit Milestone

The Platform M6 milestone is March 23 and the Orbit milestone is n-1 so its this week. Are there any remaining issues to address before we graduate a build?

Qualifiers

Some pre-built bundles (like ICU 3.4.5) have exact versions in the manifest. Since they are pre-built should we leave them as-is or should we be adding ".qualifier" to the bundle version? Also, if we don't add the qualifier, then we should remove the ".qualifier" from the version in the feature.xml file.

Next Meeting

  • TBD