Jump to: navigation, search

Orbit Minutes 070227

Revision as of 08:23, 12 March 2007 by Dj houghton.ca.ibm.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Attendees

  • Andrew Pett
  • Tom Watson
  • Oisin Hurley
  • Simon Kaegi
  • Kim Moir
  • Pascal Rapicault
  • DJ Houghton

Discussion

Review action items from last call

IP Log info

Pascal to work on a document describing the format and requirements. Jeff to review.

  • Not done yet.
  • Action: Deferred until next meeting

Orbit Stable Builds

Kim to update doc (Promotion, Release, and Retention Policies) to say the milestone is the platform milestone - 1.

  • Done.

Signing Bundles

Kim to open bug report about re-signing JARs.

Platform to consume Orbit bundles

Kim to report on progress.

  • Consumes lucene and lucene.analysis.

Update Orbit Builder

Kim to tag HEAD and David to Update builder.

  • Done - M5 plugins available in tag M5_33.

Update features and map files

David to try multi-version and if everything works out he will combine the map and feature files.

  • Action: In progress

Map File Generator

Pascal to create org.eclipse.orbit.releng.tools project and release the code there. Kim to document the format of the map file and instructions on how to consume it. Pascal to review.

  • Code released to repository.
  • Action: Kim to work on doc "How to consume Orbit".

Other discussion topics

WTP Progress

David was unable to attend this meeting and sent status for WTP. Currently he is working on:

  • signing JARs
  • restructuring Xerces bundles
  • adding quite a number of other WTP related third party JARs
  • finished adjusting WTP builds to use Orbit produced map file (haven't released changes into production yet, still testing)

Xerces

There are questions surrounding the org.apache.xerces bundle and the other XML-related bundles in Orbit. Discussions to continue at EclipseCon since most people will be there.


Next Meeting