Orbit Minutes 070227
- Call convened at 1100 EST
- Call-in: 613.287.8000 or 866.362.7064, passcode 892048#
- Previous Meeting: Orbit Minutes 070213
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Discussion
- 3 Next Meeting
- Andrew Pett
- Tom Watson
- Oisin Hurley
- Simon Kaegi
- Kim Moir
- Pascal Rapicault
- DJ Houghton
Review action items from last call
IP Log info
Pascal to work on a document describing the format and requirements. Jeff to review.
- Not done yet.
- Action: Deferred until next meeting
Orbit Stable Builds
Kim to update doc (Promotion, Release, and Retention Policies) to say the milestone is the platform milestone - 1.
Kim to open bug report about re-signing JARs.
- Done. See bug 174475.
Platform to consume Orbit bundles
Kim to report on progress.
- Consumes lucene and lucene.analysis.
Update Orbit Builder
Kim to tag HEAD and David to Update builder.
- Done - M5 plugins available in tag M5_33.
Update features and map files
David to try multi-version and if everything works out he will combine the map and feature files.
- Action: In progress
Map File Generator
Pascal to create org.eclipse.orbit.releng.tools project and release the code there. Kim to document the format of the map file and instructions on how to consume it. Pascal to review.
- Code released to repository.
- Action: Kim to work on doc "How to consume Orbit".
Other discussion topics
David was unable to attend this meeting and sent status for WTP. Currently he is working on:
- signing JARs
- restructuring Xerces bundles
- adding quite a number of other WTP related third party JARs
- finished adjusting WTP builds to use Orbit produced map file (haven't released changes into production yet, still testing)
There are questions surrounding the org.apache.xerces bundle and the other XML-related bundles in Orbit. Discussions to continue at EclipseCon since most people will be there.
- tentative: March 20, 2007 @11am EST