Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Orbit Minutes 070227"

m (Orbit Stable Builds)
(Next Meeting)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
*  
+
* Andrew Pett
 +
* Tom Watson
 +
* Oisin Hurley
 +
* Simon Kaegi
 +
* Kim Moir
 +
* Pascal Rapicault
 +
* DJ Houghton
  
 
== Discussion ==
 
== Discussion ==
Line 12: Line 18:
 
====IP Log info====
 
====IP Log info====
 
Pascal to work on a document describing the format and requirements. Jeff to review.
 
Pascal to work on a document describing the format and requirements. Jeff to review.
 +
* Not done yet.
 +
* <font color="red">Action: Deferred until next meeting</font>
  
 
====Orbit Stable Builds====
 
====Orbit Stable Builds====
 
Kim to update doc ([[Promotion, Release, and Retention Policies]]) to say the milestone is the platform milestone - 1.
 
Kim to update doc ([[Promotion, Release, and Retention Policies]]) to say the milestone is the platform milestone - 1.
 
+
* Done.
Done.
+
  
 
====Signing Bundles====
 
====Signing Bundles====
 
Kim to open [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174475 bug report ] about re-signing JARs.
 
Kim to open [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174475 bug report ] about re-signing JARs.
 +
* Done. See [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174475 bug 174475].
  
 
====Platform to consume Orbit bundles====
 
====Platform to consume Orbit bundles====
 
Kim to report on progress.
 
Kim to report on progress.
 
+
* Consumes lucene and lucene.analysis.
Consumes lucene and lucene.analysis.
+
  
 
====Update Orbit Builder====
 
====Update Orbit Builder====
 
Kim to tag HEAD and David to Update builder.
 
Kim to tag HEAD and David to Update builder.
 
+
* Done - M5 plugins available in tag M5_33.
Done - M5 plugins available in tag M5_33.
+
  
 
====Update features and map files====
 
====Update features and map files====
 
David to try multi-version and if everything works out he will combine the map and feature files.
 
David to try multi-version and if everything works out he will combine the map and feature files.
 +
* <font color="red">Action: In progress</font>
  
 
====Map File Generator====
 
====Map File Generator====
 
Pascal to create org.eclipse.orbit.releng.tools project and release the code there. Kim to document the format of the map file and instructions on how to consume it. Pascal to review.
 
Pascal to create org.eclipse.orbit.releng.tools project and release the code there. Kim to document the format of the map file and instructions on how to consume it. Pascal to review.
 +
* Code released to repository.
 +
* <font color="red">Action: Kim to work on doc "How to consume Orbit".</font>
  
 
===Other discussion topics===
 
===Other discussion topics===
 +
 +
====WTP Progress====
 +
David was unable to attend this meeting and sent status for WTP. Currently he is working on:
 +
* signing JARs
 +
* restructuring Xerces bundles
 +
* adding quite a number of other WTP related third party JARs
 +
* finished adjusting WTP builds to use Orbit produced map file (haven't released changes into production yet, still testing)
 +
 +
====Xerces====
 +
There are questions surrounding the org.apache.xerces bundle and the other XML-related bundles in Orbit. Discussions to continue at EclipseCon since most people will be there.
 +
  
 
==Next Meeting==
 
==Next Meeting==
* TBD
+
* [http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=03&day=13&year=2007&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=188 Mar 13, 2007 at 1100 EDT], Agenda: [[Orbit Minutes 070313]]
  
 
[[Category:Orbit]]
 
[[Category:Orbit]]
 
[[Category:Orbit/Meeting]]
 
[[Category:Orbit/Meeting]]
 
[[Category:Meeting]]
 
[[Category:Meeting]]

Latest revision as of 08:23, 12 March 2007

Attendees

  • Andrew Pett
  • Tom Watson
  • Oisin Hurley
  • Simon Kaegi
  • Kim Moir
  • Pascal Rapicault
  • DJ Houghton

Discussion

Review action items from last call

IP Log info

Pascal to work on a document describing the format and requirements. Jeff to review.

  • Not done yet.
  • Action: Deferred until next meeting

Orbit Stable Builds

Kim to update doc (Promotion, Release, and Retention Policies) to say the milestone is the platform milestone - 1.

  • Done.

Signing Bundles

Kim to open bug report about re-signing JARs.

Platform to consume Orbit bundles

Kim to report on progress.

  • Consumes lucene and lucene.analysis.

Update Orbit Builder

Kim to tag HEAD and David to Update builder.

  • Done - M5 plugins available in tag M5_33.

Update features and map files

David to try multi-version and if everything works out he will combine the map and feature files.

  • Action: In progress

Map File Generator

Pascal to create org.eclipse.orbit.releng.tools project and release the code there. Kim to document the format of the map file and instructions on how to consume it. Pascal to review.

  • Code released to repository.
  • Action: Kim to work on doc "How to consume Orbit".

Other discussion topics

WTP Progress

David was unable to attend this meeting and sent status for WTP. Currently he is working on:

  • signing JARs
  • restructuring Xerces bundles
  • adding quite a number of other WTP related third party JARs
  • finished adjusting WTP builds to use Orbit produced map file (haven't released changes into production yet, still testing)

Xerces

There are questions surrounding the org.apache.xerces bundle and the other XML-related bundles in Orbit. Discussions to continue at EclipseCon since most people will be there.


Next Meeting