Orbit Minutes 061212
Revision as of 16:58, 8 December 2006 by Dj houghton.ca.ibm.com
- Call convened at 1100 EST
- Call-in: 613.287.8000 or 866.362.7064, passcode 874551#
- Previous Meeting: Orbit Minutes 061121
- Jeff McAffer
- Review action items from last call
- Simon to creaate a wiki page on how to manage source for Orbit bundles.
- David and Bjorn to start setting up the build
- David to setup a basic build for use in the mean time.
- Jeff to work with the PDE team to ensure that having multiple versions of the same bundle will work smoothly.
- Jeff to setup another call in three weeks.
- DJ to test the wrappering
- Other discussion topics
- Bundling multi-JAR distributions: for libraries comprising multiple JAR files, where they are commonly used together, perhaps it is convenient for Orbit and its consumers alike to repackage them as a single OSGi bundle. This can be done by nesting the original JARs within the bundle or by expanding their contents together into the bundle, both of which approaches have their pros and cons.
- Bundle Creation Details (see Bug 159596 for reference)
- Who should the "provider" be? (Eclipse.org?)
- Should the bundle version be the exact version or should we add a qualifier to allow for changes?
- Should we be specifying the Execution Environment and dependancies? If yes, then what is the easiest way to do this if we don't have the source?