Orbit Minutes 061107
Revision as of 13:40, 7 November 2006 by Cdamus.ca.ibm.com
- Review action items from last call
- Pascal to confirm that Update Manager does not download a new copy of a bundle that is already installed. partial verification. needs to confirm but assumption that it does not redownload.
- Simon to start a wiki page on how to manage source some orbit bundles have src.zips. No wiki page etc. Need to consider PDE build changes. Start by putting source in the bundles as normal and then figure out how to distribute the source for real.
- David and Bjorn to start setting up the build David wonders how that is going. :-) Webmasters have been requested to setup dirs at build.eclipse.org/orbit. Ideally the build will kick off when a map file changes as done in WTP.
- Jeff to confirm the legal requirements in this area '
- Jeff to schedule next call
- How are committers added? To date committers have been coming with "initial contributions" and we have been voting on adding them. David Williams pointed out that this might be too much process since the contributions are acceptable if they have been approved by the EMO.
- Working in branches or multiple projects for one library
- How are new contributions vetted
- Maintaining the IP log and relating to Contribution Questionnaires
- Source bundles. Simon proposes
- Add a note about the source in the about.html (either stating its presence or at least some suggestion of where the source can be found)
- If possible package source in src.zip at the root of the project
- Adjust .classpath and build.properties to reflect the addition of src.zip
- Jeff McAffer
- David Williams
- John Graham
- DJ Houghton
- Scott Lewis
- Hubert Leung
- Bjorn Freeman-Benson
- Christian Damus
- Simon Kaegi
- Pascal Rapicault
- Tom Watson
- Martin Oberhuber
- Call convened at 1100EST