Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "OpenMobilityMeetingMinutes"

(User Stories)
Line 29: Line 29:
 
* Everyone should have been added to the openmobility-wg repository
 
* Everyone should have been added to the openmobility-wg repository
 
* Next step: voting by adding a thumbs-up (+1) to the most important stories for each partner
 
* Next step: voting by adding a thumbs-up (+1) to the most important stories for each partner
 +
* Most important user stories will be clarified (especially with regard to the acceptance criteria) and decomposed into one or more Eclipse SUMO issues
 +
* DLR is committed to dedicate some development effort into adressing / solving these issues
  
 
==== Funding Model ====
 
==== Funding Model ====

Revision as of 05:31, 17 September 2019

Contents

openMobility Telco (Sep, 3rd 2019)

Attendees

  • Jiao Li (Bosch)
  • Zoltan Baksa (Bosch)
  • Robert Protzmann (FOKUS)
  • Karl Schrab (FOKUS)
  • Michael Behrisch (DLR)
  • Robert Hilbrich (DLR)
  • Aakash Sehgal (AVL)
  • Jakob Kaths (Vector)

Approving of previous meeting minutes

  • Meeting minutes from last telco are approved without any modification

News from (Currently) Associated Projects

Eclipse SUMO

New openMobility Eclipse Projects / Code contributions

Eclipse Mustang (VSimRTI)

  • ...

Other News

  • ...

“Real Work”

User Stories

  • Everyone should have been added to the openmobility-wg repository
  • Next step: voting by adding a thumbs-up (+1) to the most important stories for each partner
  • Most important user stories will be clarified (especially with regard to the acceptance criteria) and decomposed into one or more Eclipse SUMO issues
  • DLR is committed to dedicate some development effort into adressing / solving these issues

Funding Model

  • Incubation phase is supposed to end next spring
  • Next step is to find a viable funding model
  • Proposal:
    • Effort-based contributions - e.g. 1 person month / year for code contributions or management contributions
    • Funding-based contributions - e.g. 15 000 EUR / year

Administrative Items

  • ...

Any other Business

  • Robert asked Eclipse Foundation about a template for flyers; usually, they create a flyer for each event individually and they are checking if they can provide a template to fill for us
  • Next telco: Oct, 1st 2019, 13-14

openMobility Telco (Aug, 13 2019)

Attendees

  • Aakash Sehgal (AVL)
  • Michael Behrisch (DLR)
  • Christoph Sommer (Uni Paderborn)
  • Robert Hilbrich (DLR)
  • Karl Schrab (FOKUS)
  • Lara Codeca (TCD)
  • Jiao Li (Bosch)
  • Michele Segata
  • Robert Protzmann (FOKUS)
  • Max Neubauer (FOKUS)

Approving of previous meeting minutes

  • Meeting minutes from last telco are approved without any modification

News from associated projects

Eclipse SUMO

Other News

  • AVL has joined the Eclipse Foundation
    • [1]
    • personal and institutional introduction
    • steering committee member in openADX
  • Eclipse will sponsor a booth at 4th ASAM International Conference, Dec 10-11, 2019
    • presentation of Eclipse SUMO and openMobility
    • currently no other attendances
  • https://uc.foundation/
    • The Urban Computing Foundation is a neutral forum for accelerating open source and community development that improves mobility, safety, road infrastructure, traffic congestion and energy consumption in connected cities.
    • can meet them at the Open Source Summit in Lyon
  • https://www.openmobilityfoundation.org/
    • Municipalities across the country have joined together to create a new global non-profit organization called the Open Mobility Foundation to support the development of open-sourced software that provides scalable mobility solutions for cities.

“Real Work”

  • Proposal: moving user-stories as issues on GitHub
    • agreed by all participants
  • Next steps:
    • DLR will migrate all user stories from Tuleap to GitHub
    • Feedback and Questions from Eclipse SUMO team for clarification of user stories
    • Breaking down of each user story into issues for Eclipse SUMO
    • Adding effort estimates and priorities

Administrative

Working Group Growth

Status: Acquisition of new members

  • AVL has joined the Eclipse Foundation and is strongly considering joining the working group
  • no OEM yet
    • Volkswagen spreads the word internally
    • still legal hurdles concerning America based foundation
  • positive contact to ZF Friedrichshafen from openADx and us
  • contact by FOKUS to AAI http://automotive-ai.com/

New openMobility Eclipse Projects / Code contributions

Mustang (VSimRTI)
  • Project proposal will be cross-checked with Ralph and Angelika and proposed to Eclipse
  • also a car simulator is in preparation
cooperation Veins / VSimRTI
  • currently no actions
Lara

Any other Business


openMobility Telco (Jun, 18 2019)

Attendees

  • Zoltan Baksa (BOSCH)
  • Jiao Li (BOSCH)
  • Andreas Riexinger (BOSCH)
  • Jakob Kaths (Vector Informatik / ex. TESIS GmbH)
  • Robert Protzmann (Fraunhofer FOKUS)
  • Karl Hübner (Fraunhofer FOKUS)
  • Maximilian (Fraunhofer FOKUS)
  • Michael Behrisch (DLR)
  • Robert Hilbrich (DLR)
  • Christoph Sommer (CCS Labs, Uni Paderborn)
  • Michele Segata

Approving of previous meeting minutes

  • Meeting minutes from last telco are approved without any modification

News from associated projects

Eclipse SUMO

  • 11.-13.05.2020 next SUMO conference

News from the Eclipse Universe

  • Eclipse Con Europe
    • OpenADx, openMobility and openMobility (Matthis, Andy, Robert) will present
    • submission will be done this week
    • story is about an open toolchain
  • Urban Computing foundation founded https://uc.foundation
    • Track at the Open Source Summit in Lyon in October
    • DLR will submit something

“Real Work”

  • Infrastructure
    • Tuleap [2] for managing user stories and tasks
      • also other tools can still be evaluated (GitHub issues)
    • everyone has access (Karl Hübner still needs access)
  • Definition of user stories
    • currently 8 stories
    • now review phase
    • Feedback using the Follow-up field below the story
      • only user perspective ("is relevant for me too")
    • DLR will check whether any clarifications are needed
    • it is still possible to add more stories
    • try to estimate efforts

Administrative

  • PR material
    • Vector is still checking but is still hopeful
    • Bosch has no funding for PR material
    • DLR has strong regulations concerning giving away things for free

Working Group Growth

Status: Acquisition of new members

  • potential Israelic partner from Vector
    • currently only a single SUMO use case
    • also contacts in SetLevel4To5 project
  • no answer from Swarco yet
  • talking to the OEMs takes time

New openMobility Eclipse Projects / Code contributions

  • VSimRTI
    • no news

Any other Business

  • Next meeting: 13.08.2019 13:00 - 14:00
    • Vector can not attend
  • successful committer representative elecvtion
    • Christoph and Michael are elected

openMobility Telco (Jun, 4 2019)

Attendees

  • Zoltan Baksa (BOSCH)
  • Jiao Li (BOSCH)
  • Andreas Riexinger (BOSCH)
  • Jakob Kaths (Vector Informatik / ex. TESIS GmbH)
  • Robert Protzmann (Fraunhofer FOKUS)
  • Karl Hübner (Fraunhofer FOKUS)
  • Michael Behrisch (DLR)
  • Robert Hilbrich (DLR)
  • Christoph Sommer (CCS Labs, Uni Paderborn)
  • Ralph Müller (Eclipse Foundation)
  • Angelika Wittek (Eclipse Foundation)
  • Lara Codeca


Feedback to Foundation Event

  • Everyone is curious and looking forward to contribute the best they can

Approving of previous meeting minutes

  • Meeting minutes from May, 13 meetup are approved without any modification
    • Charter change regarding the period is already online

News from associated projects

Eclipse SUMO

  • Documentation is going to be moved from the wiki to markdown files as part of the source code
    • is a prerequisite for leaving incubation status
    • should be done by the end of August

News from the Eclipse Universe

  • Eclipse Con Europe
    • More info & Call for presentations: [3]
    • Andreas Riexinger will probably submit and attend (in a different context)
    • starts again with a community day on 20th of October
    • FOKUS and Vector check for availability
    • Bosch can also attend
    • Full papers maybe different for everyone
    • Face-to-face meeting will happen in the context of community day
    • DLR+Bosch (Robert+Andy) will present openMobility+openADx together
      • ask openGenesis whether they want to join
  • openADx Foundation Event
    • When? 25.6.
    • Where? Leinfelden-Echterdingen
    • Invitation: [4]
    • not all participation agreements signed yet, but a lot on the way
    • Logo is ready
    • Michael Behrisch (DLR) is going to participate
    • https://wiki.eclipse.org/OpenADx

“Real Work”

  • Infrastructure
    • Homepage [5] with GitHub Repository [6] (for general info, news, ...)
    • Wiki (for meeting minutes and work-related information)
    • Tuleap [7] for managing user stories and tasks
    • GitHub Repo for the openMobility Working Group is still in progress (discussion about committer rights)
  • Next steps: Definition of user stories
    • Feedback:
      • there are already several ideas at different partners which can be provided
      • Those can be extensions of the ideas presented at the kickoff
      • no need to be perfect here
    • [Task] for everybody: get an Eclipse Account to be able to work in the openMobility wiki https://accounts.eclipse.org/user/register?destination=user
    • [Task] for everybody: get an account in Tuleap by logging in at [8]
      • no need to have an ECA for Tuleap
      • signing the CLA is still highly recommended
      • Administrators (Robert, Micha, or Angelika) need to activate new accounts
    • [Task] for every consumer in the working group: please define one or more user stories to missing and needed functionality in Tuleap ("Trackers" - "User Stories" - "Submit new artifact")

Administrative

  • Committer representative election
    • two candidates for two places: Christoph Sommer, Michael Behrisch
    • Election via mailing list, starting latest next week
  • PR material
    • funding for flyer / stickers / buttons available?
    • Vector and Bosch check for funding
    • good experience at Vector with postcards with QR codes

Working Group Growth

Status: Acquisition of new members

  • Vector contacted several firms, no reaction yet
  • Eclipse visited Volkswagen
  • Lara Codeca will ask at Trinity College Dublin

New openMobility Eclipse Projects / Code contributions

  • VSimRTI still shapes the initial commit
    • more news in four weeks
  • Python Parking Monitoring Library by Lara Codeca for SUMO https://github.com/lcodeca/PyPML under EPL
    • not an Eclipse project by now

Any other Business

  • Announcing meetings via the mailing list is a problem (answers piling up)
    • fallback only a simple mail
    • Robert will check
  • Next meeting: please mark your availability [9]

openMobility Eclipse Working Group Kickoff (May, 13 2019)

The meeting was organized by the DLR as Eclipse Foundation Member and held under the Eclipse Bylaws.

Participants and their main interests in openMobility / further development

  • Alexander Hafner, Jannes Iatropoulos; TU Braunschweig
    • Coupling SUMO / Silab
  • Vincent Latzko, TU Dresden
    • Sneak Peek, Network Connectivity
    • Flow library user
  • Jakob Kaths, TESIS / Vector
    • OpenDrive / OpenScenario(?) support
    • real time capabilities / libsumo
  • Robert Protzmann, Max Neubauer, Karl Hübner; Fraunhofer FOKUS / DCAITI
    • make VSimRTI open source
    • Standardization / Certification / Automated Testing
  • Matthias Höhne, Robert Hilbrich, Michael Behrisch, Laura Bieker; DLR
  • Gerald Richter, AIT
    • SUMO user, wants to participate, looking for a way to get more involved
  • Marc Semrau, VW
    • VW long time user
  • Alexey Preskenis, Modulnye Systemy Uprawlenija (MSU)
    • Full stack traffic control systems in Krasnojarsk
    • web based interface for SUMO
    • ease collaboration
  • Angelika Wittek, Ralph Müller; Eclipse Foundation
  • Zoltan Baksa, Jiao Li (follow up for Rainer Gasper); Bosch
    • Full city simulation based on Real World Data
    • Effects of traffic on power train (cosimulation)
    • prediction of traffic effects
    • workflow of common building of a city scenario
    • tool help on building the map
    • contribution in python tooling
    • build ADAS systems
    • need features for hybrid powertrain
    • effects in city wide simulation
    • build your own network connection systems
    • Quality management

Discussing participation possibilities

  • Working together in Research projects is always possible
    • Eclipse can do dissemination here
  • Example OpenGenesis
    • at least 150 person days per member / 40000 Euro
  • Example openPASS
    • at least 100 person days
  • for participation you need to be at least Eclipse Solution member
  • Ralph explaining commons
    • clear vision
    • clear rules
    • progress monitoring
    • sanctions / conflict resolutions
    • self determination
  • SUMO as commons
    • needed: developers and funding
    • list of wanted features
    • do not ignore base funding / technical debt
  • sharing / common funding is the main goal
  • direct orders are still possible
  • funding is decided on year by year
    • should be enough to do some "real work"
  • for research orgs there is little access to free funding
  • still in incubation / setup phase
  • in the next few weeks decide on structure
  • after the incubation year decide how and whether the WG will continue

Administrative Topics (meeting continues with fewer participants now in German)

  • Task for this year: Find a sustainable funding model
  • Wish: Have a successful Working group also after this one year
  • It is one of the tasks of the founding members to find more / new members especially to have more paying members than just Bosch
    • Aim: at least 1 (better 4) OEMs in the Working group
    • Ongoing talks with Daimler and VW
    • Wish: Every member should consider acting as a multiplicator for the WG. Every further member reduces the cost (or increases the benefit) for all.
  • TU Braunschweig Institut Fahrzeugtechnik:
    • Contribution rather in work hours, not money except for projects / public funding
    • The consortium does not only address the industry (and its money). Distribution of the workload is also an aim (this part is of interest to Prof. Friedrich)
  • SUMO is getting more sub-microscopic
  • Bosch: SUMO should be able to do more than fuel consumption, power train etc.
    • Put more emphasis on coupling simulators

Steering committee elections

  • Every participant member of the WG is member of the Steering committee and has one vote
  • Committers and guests cannot vote directly
  • Committers select two representatives which are members of the steering committee without voting rights
    • This selection process will be initiated by a mail to sumo-dev to find candidates and a subsequent election in the next two to four weeks.
  • Only committers can push to git repositories directly to ensure clean code and adherence to Eclipse regulations
  • Election chair of steering committee:
    • Single candidate: Robert Hilbrich
    • By unanimous vote: Robert is chair
  • Proposed change to charter:
  • Change duration to the range 13.5.19-12.5.20
    • By unanimous vote: charter is changed duration of the chair election period is 13.5.19-12.5.20

General Organisation

  • Frequency of Telcos/ Meetings:
    • Twice a year face to face (on different locations)
    • Proposal: Telcos at least monthly, in the beginning every two weeks, later less often
    • Proposal accepted
  • Skype for Business Telcos provided by DLR
  • There is a wiki which will contain this protocol and will be linked by the web site (and / or vice versa)
  • There is a mailing list: https://accounts.eclipse.org/mailing-list/openmobility
  • There is a twitter account: https://www.twitter.com/open_mobility
  • We need a Feature Tracker
    • Jira, GitHub or Tuleap
    • Jira needs a license (maybe a cost free version is available) and has frequent updates with many changes in core functions but Vector already uses it
    • All three tools meet the basic needs
    • SUMO’s GitHub cannot be the only point of contact because also SUMO independent topics should be tracked
    • Proposal: Everyone tests Tuleap (Ralphs favorite because it is open source) and we decide later
  • Later we need marketing sldies and our own repository
  • More infrastructure needed?
  • DLR sends doodle for next telco: https://terminplaner4.dfn.de/next-openmobility-telco only to the mailing list. (dudle von TU Braunschweig)
  • There is an archive for the mailing list https://www.eclipse.org/lists/openmobility/
  • We already have a web site: https://openmobility.eclipse.org/
    • Generated by a static site generator written in Go (https://gohugo.io/)
    • Meeting Item and protocol will be on the web site and/or in the wiki
  • Code contributions to your own / new Eclipse project
  • Ralph mailto:ralph.mueller@eclipse-foundation.org and Angelika mailto:angelika.wittek@eclipse-foundation.org are happy to help out if problems / questions occur also with every other topic

For older meeting minutes see OpenMobilityMeetingMinutes_Archive

Copyright © Eclipse Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved.