The Eclipse Foundation provides user authorization from third-part websites and tools using OpenID Connect.
To enable a site or application to leverage a users' Eclipse account, a request must be made to the webdev team.
Who can request an OpenID Client ID
- Eclipse Projects who wish to use Eclipse accounts for Eclipse project-related content and applications;
- Eclipse Committers who wish to operate services for the Eclipse Community, as approved by the Eclipse Management Organization;
- Eclipse Members (Solutions Members and Strategic Members) who wish to operate services for the Eclipse Community, as approved by the Eclipse Management Organization;
Revoking a Client ID
The Eclipse Management Organization (EMO) may, at its discretion, choose to revoke a Client ID at any time. The reasons may include:
- Faulty software which generates too many requests to our service;
- Abuse of any kind;
- Usage for other purposes that are not Eclipse-related.
Requesting a Client ID
To request a Client ID and a secret, please send an email to the webdev team : webdev at eclipse. org. Please specify the following:
- Your Eclipse-related project or member affiliation;
- The purpose of the request (why do you need Eclipse authorization?);
- Where this authorization will be used (website, rich client app);
- An estimate on how many user authentication/authorization calls per day we can expect to receive.
End point (URL)
Authorization endpoint: https://accounts.eclipse.org/oauth2/authorize
Token endpoint (URL): https://accounts.eclipse.org/oauth2/token
User information endpoint (URL): https://accounts.eclipse.org/oauth2/UserInfo
OpenID Connect Clients use scope values to specify what access privileges are being requested for Access Tokens.
REQUIRED. Informs the Authorization Server that the Client is making an OpenID Connect request. If the openid scope value is not present, the behavior is entirely unspecified.
OPTIONAL. This scope value requests access to the End-User's default profile Claims, which are: name, family_name, given_name, middle_name, nickname, preferred_username, profile, picture, website, gender, birthdate, zoneinfo, locale, and updated_at.
OPTIONAL. This scope value requests access to the email and email_verified Claims.