The Eclipse Foundation provides user authorization from third-part websites and tools using OpenID Connect.
To enable a site or application to leverage a users' Eclipse account, a request must be made to the webdev team.
Who can request an OpenID Client ID
- Eclipse Projects who wish to use Eclipse accounts for Eclipse project-related content and applications;
- Eclipse Committers who wish to operate services for the Eclipse Community, as approved by the Eclipse Management Organization;
- Eclipse Members (Solutions Members and Strategic Members) who wish to operate services for the Eclipse Community, as approved by the Eclipse Management Organization;
Revoking a Client ID
The Eclipse Management Organization (EMO) may, at its discretion, choose to revoke a Client ID at any time. The reasons may include:
- Faulty software which generates too many requests to our service;
- Abuse of any kind;
- Usage for other purposes that are not Eclipse-related.
Requesting a Client ID
To request a Client ID and a secret, please send an email to the webdev team : webdev at eclipse. org. Please specify the following:
- Your Eclipse-related project or member affiliation;
- The purpose of the request (why do you need Eclipse authorization?);
- Where this authorization will be used (website, rich client app);
- An estimate on how many user authentication/authorization calls per day we can expect to receive.