The Open Measured Data Management Working Group wants to foster and support an open and innovative eco-system providing tools and systems, qualification kits and adapters for standardized and vendor independent management of measurement data in accordance with the ASAM ODS standard.
- 1 Status
- 2 Steering Committee
- 3 Architecture Committee
- 4 Quality Committee
- 5 Current Members (Work in Progress)
- 6 Organization and Contact
- 7 Events, Activities and News
- 8 Past News and Articles
- 9 Relevant Conferences
- 10 Publications
- 11 Documents
- 12 Related Eclipse Projects
- 13 Resources
- 14 External Links
The charter has been approved by the executive director of the Eclipse Foundation, Mike Milinkovich, on July 11th, 2014. The Working Group has been created.
Founder members and their representatives are:
Sven Wittig, AUDI AG, on behalf of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., Driver Member
Ulrich Bleicher, BMW Group, Driver Member
Gerwin Mathwig, Daimler AG, Driver Member
Hans-Dirk Walter, Canoo Engineering AG, Service Provider
Walter Gold, Gigatronik, Service Provider
Hans Bothe, HighQSoft GmbH, Application Vendor
Hans-Joerg Kremer, Peak Solution GmbH, Service Provider
Dr. Dietmar Rapf, science + computing ag, Service Provider
Speaker of the Steering Committee: Gerwin Mathwig
Sven Wittig, AUDI AG on behalf of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
Ulrich Bleicher, BMW Group
Gerwin Mathwig, Daimler AG
Josef Hobelsberger, Müller-BBM VibroAkustik Systeme GmbH
Shailesh Saraph, Tata Motors Ltd.
Dr. Hans-Dirk Walter, CANOO AG, elected representative of Service Providers
Dr. Ralf Nörenberg, HighQSoft GmbH, representative of Application Vendors
Dr. Dietmar Rapf, science+computing AG, elected representative of Service Providers
For details about the committee, see Open-Measured-Data-Management-WG/Steering_Committee.
Speaker of the Architecture Committee: Andreas Benzing
Stefan Ebeling, BMW Group
Andreas Benzing, ICS AG on behalf of Daimler AG
Christian Rechner, AUDI AG on behalf of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
Stefan Wartini, Müller-BBM VibroAkustik Systeme GmbH
Gerwin Mathwig, MDM@web / MDM|APPS project
Stefan Beese, MDM@BL project
For details about the committee, see Open-Measured-Data-Management-WG/Architecture_Committee.
Speaker of the Quality Committee: Michael Schwarzbach
Susann Herrmann, Bertrandt AG, elected by service providers
Christian Grobauer Müller-BBM VibroAkustik Systeme GmbH
Sanjay Hande TATA Motors Ltd.
Michael Schwarzbach, BMW Group
Dr. Thomas Schmidt, AUDI AG on behalf of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
Sebastian Dirsch, Gigatronik GmbH, elected by service providers
Dr. Ralf Nörenberg, HighQSoft GmbH, representant of application vendors
Gerwin Mathwig, MDM@WEB / MDM|APPS project
Stefan Beese, MDM|BL project
Current Members (Work in Progress)
|ASAM e.v||Guest Member|
|AUDI AG on behalf of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.||Driver Member|
|Bertrandt AG||Service Provider|
|BMW Group||Driver Member|
|Canoo Engineering AG||Service Provider|
|Daimler AG||Driver Member|
|Gigatronic GmbH||Service Provider|
|HighQSoft GmbH||Application Vendor|
|itemis AG||Service Provider|
|Mueller-BBM VibroAkustik Systeme GmbH||Driver Member|
|NorCom IT AG||Driver Member|
|Peak Solutions GmbH||Service Provider|
|Piterion GmbH||Service Provider|
|Science + computing AG||Service Provider|
|Tata Motors Ltd.||User|
Organization and Contact
For more information, contact or subscribe to the public WG mailing list.
Members should also join the closed internal mailing list.
Events, Activities and News
2. September 2015: NorCom IT AG has joined the openMDM Working Group as a service provider member
28. August 2015: Architecture committee conference call, minutes
10. August 2015: Architecture committee conference call, minutes
07. July 2015: Annual Meeting 2015 in Sindelfingen, the document of the meeting: File:2015-July-07-Annual-Report.pdf
02. July 2015: Minutes of the 6th SC meeting
01. July 2015: SC in Glashütten Agenda: File:SC-Agenda-Glashuetten.pdf
15. June 2015: openMDM® – an Open Source Platform for Measured Data Management
Michael Schwarzbach, BMW Group and Dr. Dietmar Rapf, science + computing ag at the Euroforum International Conference "Innovative Software Development in Automotive" in Munich presented some motives of OEMs for implementing a measured data management system, information on the history and the functionalities of ASAM ODS and openMDM® and the motivation for relaunching openMDM® in the context of an eclipse working group. The talk was a great success leading to intensive discussion with the audiance.
20. May 2015: Requirement Management Process document in version 1.3 released . This version represents the final state of the Services Requirements Management Process and Issue Tracking Tooling. The sources can be found here.
08. May 2015: Architecture committee conference call, minutes
06. May 2015: openMDM(R) architecture and business layer workshop: "HighQSoft HQL integration": HQL presentation by HighQSoft GmbH, API status by EPOS CAT GmbH, Application model status by EPOS CAT GmbH, Minutes of the meeting
21. Apr. 2015: Minutes of the 5th SC meeting
10. Apr. 2015: Architecture committee conference call, minutes
06. Mar. 2015: Architecture committee conference call, minutes
27. Feb. 2015: Architecture committee conference call, minutes
17. Feb. 2015: 3rd Sprint meeting of the architecture and business layer teams took place. Technology decision request for OSGi or alternatives will be handed in at the next architecture committee meeting. Technology decision request for communication protocols will be prepared and handed in to the steering committee. Draft of the architecture document is available. Publication for review and initial release is planned until mid of march. New structure of the application model will be published until march, UML definition for the openMDM(R) 5 API as well.
16. Feb. 2015: Publication of documents and results by Canoo
- Deficiency analysis of the domain administrator module of the OpenMDM 4 application,
- First draft of the concept for the domain administrator module for the OpenMDM 5 application as clickable prototype with and without annotations
- Evaluation of the first draft of the navigation and search module after running user tests at BMW
- Revised concept for the navigation and search module
- Use cases identified through user interviews at BMW
- Summary of initial user interview at BMW
- Client technology paper explains and compares several technologies
- Summary of the user interviews conducted at Audi, Ingolstadt concerning the domain administrator module
06. Feb. 2015: Architecture committee conference call, minutes
05. Feb. 2015: Minutes of the 4th SC meeting
23. Jan. 2015: Quality committee decision to documentation standard, decision
23. Jan. 2015: Quality committee conference call, minutes
22. Jan. 2015: Publication of the openMDM(R) 5 navigator concept will be next week.
16. Jan. 2015: Architecture committee conference call, minutes
08. Jan 2015: openMDM(R) 5 architecture and business layer projects started their second sprint. See update of the log.
07. Jan 2015: Tata Motors Ltd joins the Open-Measured-Data-Management working group as a User Member
16. Dec 2014: Quality Guide is online. Review comments before the next Quality Comitee meeting are highly appreciated: Open-Measured-Data-Management-WG/Quality_Guide
12. Dec. 2014 SC-Telco has been done. Minutes uploaded here: 
01. Dec. 2014 openMDM(R) architecture definition and documentation is in progress at CANOO AG, openMDM(R) business layer development is in progress at EPOS CAT GmbH. First sprints (the new word for milestones ;-) are defined. Architecture definition sketch, Business layer sketch
26. Nov. 2014: itemis AG joins the Open-Measured-Data-Management working group
14. Nov. 2014: Minutes of the quality committee conference call
04. Nov. 2014: Minutes of the MDM@WEB project meeting
13. Oct. 2014: Mueller-BBM VibroAkustik Systeme GmbH joins the Open-Measured-Data-Management working group as a driver member
10. Oct. 2014: Minutes architecture committee conference call
23. Sep. 2014: Minutes MDM@WEB project meeting
22. Sep. 2014: Bertrandt AG joins the Open-Measured-Data-Management working group
22. Sep. 2014: Piterion GmbH joins the Open-Measured-Data-Management working group
Past News and Articles
Press releases about the founding of the openMDM Working Group:
Related Eclipse Projects
The MDM@WEB project covers components which are required to build a web client to work with data according to the ASAM ODS standard for reading and reporting purposes. It facilitates the interaction with servers following the ASAM ODS standard, file based exchange of (meta-)data, and provides a graphical user interface for browsing and handling the available data.
The MDM|BL project will hold the "business layer" of the openMDM(R) toolkit. This includes the definition of the openMDM(R) business object model, the corresponding ASAM ODS application model in conjunction with the rules for its generic extension due to the openMDM(R) business object model, the definition of the high level interfaces and the so called openMDM(R) API.