Jump to: navigation, search

Oct 27-29 Boston F2F Agenda

Revision as of 09:18, 16 December 2008 by Agorb.parityinc.net (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

{{#eclipseproject:technology.higgins|eclipse_custom_style.css}} Higgins face-to-face meeting in Waltham, Massachusetts, October 27-29, 2008.

Logistics

  • Location: The offices of Wilmer Hale, 1100 Winter Street in Waltham, Meeting Room(s): St. Clair - 0401
    • Enter through the center door. The building is on a hill so you enter above ground level. Elevators are to your left.
    • GoogleMaps directions [1]
    • Reservations were made under Parity name
    • Call Mary at 617-290-8591 if you have problems
    • Wilmer Hale reception number is 781-966-2000
  • Time: The event will start Monday at 9:00 AM and end Wednesday at noon. Note that we will be in the same room all three days.
  • Action Items are indicated by the presence of "(AI)" on a line and the owner of the action item is in bold.

Expected Attendees

  1. Jim Sermersheim - Novell
  2. Paul Trevithick - Parity
  3. Drummond Reed - Cordance/Parity
  4. Mary Ruddy - Meristic
  5. Hank Mauldin - Cisco
  6. Markus Sabedello - Parity
  7. John Bradley - Parity
  8. Tom Carroll - Parity
  9. Brian Walker - Parity
  10. Brian Carroll - Serena
  11. Jeesmon Jacob - Parity

Attending by phone

Dial in number: (218) 339-4300

Participant Passcode: 1038511#

  1. Andy Hodgkinson
  2. Cameron Hunt


Attending on IRC

TBD

Monday

Note that once we have finalized the agenda, we will move items around to appropriate time slots. Please add your proposed agenda items

We will track at least the agenda on the #Higgins IRC channel. If you wish to call in for an agenda item, please let us know on the #higgins IRC channel

8:30- 9:30 Continental breakfast

  • Breakfast pastries arrive at 8:30. Assortment of coffees and teas available all day.

9:00-9:30 Welcome, Introductions, Agenda

  • Introductions
  • Eclipse ground rules
  • Agenda bashing
  • Dinner planning

9:30-9:45 iPhone Selector [Markus]

  • Proof of concept prototype demonstration of iPhone Selector

9:45-12:00 Higgins Positioning and Home Page Positioning [Mary]

Notes:

  • Are getting the two new drawings redrawn.
  • Updated the text on the home page
  • Started overview pages for Selectors Identity Web Services and IdAS.

Lunch noon-1pm

  • Cafeteria downstairs

1pm IdAS REST [Jim]

Rest server.jpg

Tuesday

9:00-noon Review of the Context Data Model [Paul]

  • Working session going through the PPT and reviewing and updating it
    • We have the ability to have attributes about a single entity-attribute-value
    • We need to represent attributes about the set of all values of an attribute
    • need to add Agent and Person, Org, Group to PPT
    • add device examples to PPT

noon-12:15 Higgins Data Model [Hank]

  • Today we have Person, Organization and Group as subclasses of Agent (as subclass of Entity)
  • Proposal: we add "Device" as a new subclass of Agent

noon-1pm Lunch

1pm OpenID Support in Higgins [Paul, John, others]

  • Review our goals
    1. We want to help a user be able to sign in to an OpenID relying site from any browser
    2. We want to implement the OpenID support in the Higgins Browser Extension
  • User Experience options
    1. type in OpenID URI
    2. click on a Yahoo icon

1:10pm DigitalMe [Jim/Andy]

  • Demo
  • Architectural overview
    • Lowest level FTK Flexible Toolkit --interfaces with the platforms, provides abstraction to OpenSSL, sockets, memory
    • Local STS
    • Identity Selector Services --general cardspace functionality

Other notes:

  • BTW: we also have a command line variant: you can request token by command line
  • ISS: can also provide remote STS services--can set up a listener to talk to an external STS --not very robust; more for debug
  • ISS: it can also provide rp services --not very robust; more for debug
  • right now the Selector UI and the Identity Selector Services that are tightly coupled (shared libs)--could be decoupled later.
  • all of the FTK and the ISS code is in the Higgins repository
  • there are minor branding-related UI changes between Novell and Higgins versions. Would like to get to the point where we could drop in a personality module so that all of the Cocoa/GTK code could be in Higgins.
  • Build environment is based on Gmake (same as KDE project)
  • We've done a Windows version of DigitalMe
  • At one time there was build for Solaris
  • We can create RPM and Debian packages. Or just do a configure, build.
  • The output of the Mac build is a .dmg build, drag & drop to desktop; drag to trash
  • There is a firefox add-on that launches DigitalMe. The code code that parses the object from the selector launcher code
  • We've done minimal on a Safari selector plugin. This is not mature.
  • The FF extension works pretty well (unless Mozilla breaks things).
  • The ideal solution would to build this into Firefox
  • There are loadable "cardstore provider" as a shared library. Fairly simple interface. Enum, add, delete a card, etc. To write a provider to store the cards in the Amazon S3, etc. would be easy.

2:00 UN/PW Cards [Brian]

  • Adding support for login to existing sites using un/pw form filling

2:30 Higgins AIR Selector Architecture [Jeesmon]

  • Review current architecture
  • Review proposed changes
    • LICS: Local I-Card Service
    • Local IdAS

3:00 ALF SSO Code [Brian Carroll]

  • The ALF SSO code complements the Higgins STS.

3:45 OpenID Card Type

  • we define the card authentication method for OpenID
  • need to define:
    • canonical OpenID claim URI
    • display OpenID claim URI

4:00 R-Card Design Review [Paul, Markus, Drummond]

  • Review R-card XML data format. See R-Card
  • Review UDI spex [Markus]
  • Review status of access control issues related to r-cards
  • Walk through a few r-card use cases (alice sharing an r-card with Bob)

Access Control in IdAS [Paul]

Other Topics

Wednesday

Co-Creating the Higgins Project Plan [Mary and all]

  • New Eclipse format
  • Alignment with other project/product releases (Eclipse, Higgins Contributors)
  • Features
  • Maturity (Internationalization, auto testing, etc..)
  • Other alignments
  • Higgins_1.1_Plan

Higgins Process/Infrastructure Enhancements

  • Automated nightly testing
  • Review status of internationalization
  • Jim: people ask often: if I get a specific higgins project, how do I know what dependencies I need?
    • breaking every jar into its own Eclipse project (relationship to Orbit)
  • relationship to http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/

Higgins Content(Website/WhitePaper Enhancements

Architecture Harmonization [All]

  • Need to pull the three "1.1" Selectors (AIR, RCP and GTK/Cocoa) closer together architecturally
  • Reuse of browser extensions
  • Leveraging Selector Selector (on Windows, OSX, Linux)
  • Common STS infrastructure (WS-Trust, SAML2, Kerberos, etc.)

Lower Priority items

I-Card next steps [Paul, Mary, etc.]

  • FC2 needs [2]
    • Information card ID-WSF interoperability
    • Information card multi-card use cases


12:00 Lunch

1:00 End

Action Items

  • [BrianC] ALF team to work on process to transition ALF SSO to Higgins. (Working with EMC and Eclipse legal on transition and handling of in process CQ’s, etc.) Termination review was held on November 12. Higgins team to pick up once ALF is ready to hand off.
  • [All] Carefully review R-card proposal on wiki at http://wiki.eclipse.org/R-Card (don’t want the pointer to show up in the UI, etc.)
  • [Brian] Draft version of milestone plan going forward based on discussion
  • [Brian] Review draft plan on a dev call
  • [Mary] Put approved plan up on website in new required Eclipse XML format
  • [Hank] Take Higgins white paper outline notes and move forward as the editor of the document.
  • [Hank] Discuss outline and next steps in working session at IIW [Done]
  • [Mary] Mary to review Hank’s previous paper as input to new Higgins white paper [Done]
  • [John] Follow-up on volunteering Novell'ss virtual tech and VM capability to make it easy for people to download images.
  • [Mary] Higgins website – new home page in the nursery http://www.eclipse.org/higgins/nursery/ Get new versions of the Web Services and IdAS pictures created. Revise the text and create the new summary pages for all three home page windows. Review nursery again on a dev call when all revised.
  • [Mary] Wiki skins for the website – work with Victor to bring to conclusion
  • [John] Work with Apple on securing approval for use of Higgins iPhone selector
  • [Mary] Do we need to support Java 1.4.2 for the next Higgins release? [Answer, yes, is needed by IBM]