What is OSEE?
The Open System Engineering Environment (OSEE) project provides a tightly integrated environment supporting lean principles across a product's full life-cycle in the context of an overall systems engineering approach. The system captures project data into a common user-defined data model providing bidirectional traceability, project health reporting, status, and metrics which seamlessly combine to form a coherent, accurate view of a project in real-time. By building on top of this data model, OSEE has been architected to provide an all-in-one solution to configuration management, requirements management, testing, validation, and project management. All of these work together to help an organization achieve lean objectives by reducing management activities, eliminating data duplication, reducing cycle-time through streamlined processes, and improving overall product quality through work flow standardization and early defect detection.
By OSEE element
As presented in the GUI
Note: This section of the Wiki is being developed as part of an organisation's own documentation and being provided to the OSEE community under the open-source goals of the project. It is not the responsibility of the code developers, so please don't blame them for any errors!
- EclipseCon Presentations
- Download - get the latest builds
- Getting Started - the first steps to setup OSEE
- OSEE Bugzilla - review and create Bugzilla entries
- File a bug - file bugs and feature requests
- BLAM - How to extend OSEE's capabilities without changing OSEE itself
- Architecture - Learn the OSEE Architecture
- Developer Mailing List - Subscribe to the developer list
- Workspace Setup - How to setup your workspace
- Developer Guidelines and Resources - Developer guidelines and additional setup
- Action Capture - How to capture an action
- Test - How to create tests
- Review - How to perform a review
- QA - How to ensure quality
- Deployment - How to deploy a change
- Newsgroup - Newsgroup portal
- Project Plan - What's coming up?
- Developer Meetings