What is OSEE
The Open System Engineering Environment (OSEE) project provides a tightly integrated environment supporting lean principles across a product's full life-cycle in the context of an overall systems engineering approach. The system captures project data into a common user-defined data model providing bidirectional traceability, project health reporting, status, and metrics which seamlessly combine to form a coherent, accurate view of a project in real-time. By building on top of this data model, OSEE has been architected to provide an all-in-one solution to configuration management, requirements management, testing, validation, and project management. All of these work together to help an organization achieve lean objectives by reducing management activities, eliminating data duplication, reducing cycle-time through streamlined processes, and improving overall product quality through work flow standardization and early defect detection.
- Download - get the latest builds
- New and Noteworthy - get the latest changes
- Getting Started - the first steps to setup OSEE
- OSEE Bugzilla - review and create Bugzilla entires
- File a bug - file bugs and feature requests
- Developer Mailing List - Subscribe to the developer list
- Workspace Setup - How to setup your workspace
- Source Code Access - Access the code
- Newsgroup - Newsgroup portal
- Project Plan - What's coming up?
- Developer Meetings
Client only connects to application server (no direct db connections) Event Service to Application Server Web interface for Artifacts / ATS Graphical branch view Derby integration Graphical Types editor Attribute editor -> XWidgets Add generic tagging to OSEE
Integration of Open Office Enterprise Manager ATS focus (de-cluttering based on role / task) Team Provider (like SVN/CVS)
Virtual meeting board Timecards as artifacts Ability to have multiple repositories of mulitple projects and even personal tasks that integrate into ALM - Application Lifecycle Model - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_Lifecycle_Management IEEE Software Stndrds Cmte