OCL/New and Noteworthy/2021-12
Eclipse OCL New and Noteworthy items for the 2021-12 (6.17.0) release.
This minor release fixes a few bugs.
(The work on Bye Bye invalid was still not ready in time for 2021-12.)
The prevailing Eclipse OCL release candidate is auto-tested every week on Oxygen, Photon, 2018-09, 2018-12, 2019-03, 2019-06, 2019-09, 2019-12, 2020-03, 2020-06, 2020-09, 2020-12, 2021-03, 2021-06 and 2021-09 platforms using Jenkins on Linux and the prevailing Java/project versions for the release.
2021-12 release should be installable on Mars and Neon platforms provided Xtext 2.9 or greater is also installed.
The 2021-09 sources may only be buildable on 2021-09.
Java 8 on Windows was used to develop and test the milestones of this release. Following the Eclipse platform migration to a Java 11 minimum, development now uses Java 11, although standalone tests continue to use Java 8.
Java 12 on Windows was briefly used to maintain and test the 2020-06 release candidates. It appears to work although Java code generation/compilation seems nearly three times slower - see Bug 565563.
Java 11 on Jenkins, Linux was used to build and test the release candidates.
The Classic Ecore/UML plugins have been tested on Mars, Neon, Oxygen and Photon and on a Java 5 Virtual Machine. Standalone execution requires only the org.eclipse.osgi plugin from Eclipse Kepler or a spoof of org.eclipse.osgi.util.NLS and org.eclipse.osgi.framework.
The Pivot plugins require at least a Java 8 Virtual Machine and at least Xtext 2.9.1. Testing on Oxygen has a couple of test failures. Testing on Mars and Neon has a few editor/console startup failures.
- 576593 Installed models are now located in the target rather than running platform.
6.17.1 (March 2022)
- 519896 exists/forall may have three iterators
- 577928 OCL embedded in EAnnotations is now validated again
- 578981 Ecore to OCLinEcore serializer uses minimal qualification for qualified names
- 579604 use of org.apache.commons.lang eliminated avoiding 2022-06 installation inconvenience
- 580139 Type-typed arguments such as oclIsKindOf may be expressions