OCL/New and Noteworthy/2019-09
Eclipse OCL New and Noteworthy items for the 2019-09 (6.9.0) release.
This minor release fixes a few bugs and provides enhanced extensibility for OCL-based applications such as QVT
The prevailing Eclipse OCL release candidate is auto-tested every week on Oxygen, Photon, 2018-09, 2018-12 and 2019-03 platforms using Jenkins on Linux.
2019-06 release should be installable on Mars and Neon platforms provided Xtext 2.9 or greater is also installed.
The 2019-06 sources are buildable on 2019-06 only.
Java 8 on Windows was used to develop and test the milestones of this release.
Java 11 on Windows was briefly used to maintain and test the 2019-06 release candidates. It appears to work although Java code generation/compilation is nearly three times slower.
Java 8 on Jenkins, Linux was used to build and test the release candidates.
The Classic Ecore/UML plugins have been tested on Mars, Neon, Oxygen and Photon and on a Java 5 Virtual Machine. Standalone execution requires only the org.eclipse.osgi plugin from Eclipse Kepler or a spoof of org.eclipse.osgi.util.NLS and org.eclipse.osgi.framework.
The Pivot plugins require at least a Java 8 Virtual Machine and at least Xtext 2.9.1. Testing on Oxygen has a couple of test failures. Testing on Mars and Neon has a few editor/console startup failures.
- 471114 Genmodel of embedded ints in interfaces no longer fails
- 471114 Genmodel of embedded int name collisions avoided
- 471114 Genmodel of embedded int for Enumeration Literals warnings avoided
- 546767 Text serialization now avoids $$ prefixes for synthetic types
- 546767 Text serialization of collection type expressions now includes parameterization
- 546767 Parsing of nested collections no longer confuses the multiple collection bounds.
- 547704 Opposite role name annotations are no longer discarded by OCLinEcore editor
- 547704 OCLinEcore editor has a new opposite role name annotation syntax
- 547723 OCLstdlib editor has an new opposite role name annotation syntax
- 547835 Tracing of StandaloneProjectMap registration enhanced
- -unrelated- Java serialization of Pivot metamodels no longer omits defaultValueString