Where to get sources
Salvo is hosted at CVS server at http://ecf1.osuosl.org
Anonymous CVS info: :pserver:email@example.com:/ecf
The newsreader project
Here is the RCP application of the newsreader project. Remember, it is still Beta software. You can read, reply an post. Windows, Mac and Linux.
- The article view tree does not render well on all platforms.
- Switch of secure storage in the preferences for linux.
- Do not yank down the thumb slider all away to the bottom for large newsgroups. This causes Salvo to read all articles and that takes long.
- No links in text
- No attachments
New and Notable
- Derby store implementation (activate the correct plugin to get your favorite store implementation and restart the navigator view)
- Started with ECF container implementation
Unpack the zip and run the Salvo executable. Add a news server, add newsgroups then doubleclick a newsgroup to read its messages. It is pretty simple but here is a three.three minute instruction without audio. Send me a mail on my gmail or tweet me at twitter if you download this. You can send bug reports and feature requests also to one of these addresses.
The code has a pluggable server and persistance implementation. The reference persistance impl uses the local file system and stuff is stored in a .salvo directory in your home directory.