New Help for Old Friends III
This page to to collect miscellaneous notes and pointers to changes coming up in the WTP 3.0 (Ganymede) release. Its purpose it to be a central "jump off" point for those adopters of WTP 2.0, that are moving to WTP 3.0. Most of this information may be already contained in various mailing lists and bugzilla's, but ... we thought it best if there as a central place to get people started.
Adopters: if you run into trouble or notice things that are not covered here, please let us know (email@example.com is a good place). This will not only help us keep this list up to date, but will help us better learn, over time, the discipline of "platform development" and help make sure we learn to provide compatible API's, migration instructions, etc., in the future. [ It isn't always easy, but our intent is to make it as simple and painless as possible for adopters to use WTP as a true platform.
One thing we've learned in the past is that some don't adopt every version ... some early adopters went from 0.7 directly to 1.5, for example. Unfortunately, it's hard for us to present the information in that way, covering perhaps multiple changes, but hopefully as we develop these for each release, they will all flow together to aide adopters.
Note: as these notes develop and grow in number, they may occasionally be re-organized into categories, etc.
- The facet wizard page is no longer in the project creation wizards. It is now accessible as a popup (click the modify button next to the configurations drop-down) rather than as a second page in all of the WTP wizards. Please See the following resource for more information.
- Version changes for the following plugins:
- The org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui plugin increased its version from 1.0.400 to 1.1.0
WebServices and WSDL
- Web service pop-up category is moved from org.eclipse.jst.ws.consumption.ui to the org.eclipse.wst.ws.ui plugin. Please see bugzilla 202303 for details. This is done to support the move of the Web Services Explorer plugin from the JST to the WST install package.
- Adopters will need to change the Web services popop menu path.
- From: org.eclipse.jst.ws.atk.ui.webservice.category.popupMenu/popupActions
- To: org.eclipse.wst.ws.ui.webservice.category.popupMenu/popupActions
- Version changes for the following 2 WTP plugins
- The org.eclipse.jst.ws.consumption.ui plugin changed it's version from 1.0.205 to 1.1.0.
- The org.eclipse.wst.ws.ui plugin changed it's version from 1.0.203 to 1.1.0.