Net4j is an extensible client-server communications platform based on OSGi but also executable standalone. You can easily extend the protocol stack with Eclipse plugins that provide new transports or application protocols. Net4j focusses on performance and scalability as well as ease of extension.
- Extensible signalling framework for application protocols (IProtocol, SignalProtocol)
- Extensible transport framework for physical transports (IConnector, IAcceptor)
- Multiplexing of different application protocols (IChannel)
- Fast, asynchronous and non-blocking buffering kernel (IBuffer)
- NIO-based TCP transport implementation (ITCPConnector, ITCPAcceptor)
- In-process JVM transport implementation (IJVMConnector, IJVMAcceptor)
- Polling HTTP transport implementation (IHTTPConnector, IHTTPAcceptor)
- Extensible collaborations platform with buddy list, chat, fileshare, ...
- JMS(TM) provider implementation (experimental but functional)