Difference between revisions of "Net4j"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Net4j is an extensible '''client-server
Net4j is an extensible '''client-server platform''' based on OSGi but also executable .
You can easily extend with [[Eclipse]] plugins provide new transports or application protocols.
performance and scalability .
Revision as of 04:52, 29 May 2008
Net4j is an extensible client-server platform based on OSGi but also executable stand-alone.
You can easily extend it with Eclipse plugins to provide new transports or application protocols.
In addition to performance and scalability Net4j provides clean APIs for users and extenders.
- Extensible signalling framework for application protocols (IProtocol, SignalProtocol)
- Extensible transport framework for physical transports (IConnector, IAcceptor)
- Multiplexing of different application protocols (IChannel)
- Fast, asynchronous and non-blocking buffering kernel (IBuffer)
- NIO-based TCP transport implementation (ITCPConnector, ITCPAcceptor)
- In-process JVM transport implementation (IJVMConnector, IJVMAcceptor)
- Polling HTTP transport implementation (IHTTPConnector, IHTTPAcceptor)
- Extensible collaborations platform with buddy list, chat, fileshare, ...
- JMS(TM) provider implementation (experimental but functional)
- Caching and monitoring framework
- Special collections
- Concurrency support
- Wiring framework (managed containers)
- Event framework
- Factory framework
- Generic finite state machine (FSM)
- I/O tools
- Lifecycle framework
- Operations and maintenance framework (OM)
- Platform abstraction (OSGi, Eclipse runtime, stand alone)
- Bundle abstraction
- Logging abstraction
- Tracing abstraction
- Preferences abstraction
- Progress monitoring framework
- Memory sensitivity framework
- Transactional and notifying registries
- Extensible security framework
- Generic transactional operations framework
- Debugging Tools
- Remote tracing (OM extension + Eclipse UI)
- Container view (Eclipse UI)
- Introspector view (Eclipse UI)
- Extensible DB abstraction framework
- Derby DB adapter implementation
- HSQLDB adapter implementation
- MySQL adapter implementation