This page concerns the ongoing development of the Nek5000 plugins for ICE.
Disclaimer: This is a rough draft page for development of the plugins with Nek5000 for ICE. The number of items, the item's descriptions, parameters, and profiling may change.
Types of Plugins
Currently there are 3 types of "Items" planned for:
- Nek5000 Model Builder Plugin
- Nek5000 Launcher Plugin
- Nek5000 Output Analyzer
Nek5000 Model Builder
There is one fundamental difference between using this code rather than any other. The nek5000 piece must be built (makenek) before it can be executed in the launcher. In essence, there will be several system calls (or a shell script created) to handle this process correctly. Nevertheless, the model builder will have to take an intricate approach to grab all associated file types and include the parameters for running genmap prior to building.
The REA, USR, and SIZE files are very intricate and require a lot of manipulation on the user's side. From an initial standpoint, it would become extremely complicated to break down the REA file in NiCE. It might be better for files like REA to be openable with a file editor within NiCE instead of trying to parameterize it within a Form. This may seem tacky at first, but it will help solve some of the dependency issues within NiCE for the model and provide more flexibility to the end user of NiCE. Even so, if the parameters need to be added into NiCE, a separate Form might be beneficial for generating the REA file. However, brainstorming into a page segment for KV pairs might be a good tactic as well (A dedicated page in NiCE where Keys and blanks are provided).
Nevertheless, REA, USR, and RE2 need to be the same name. Therefore, it will probably be best if the following pieces are in the model builder:
- An undefined Entry to represent the name of the project/operation. Folder name and first names for REA, USR, RE2. The folder path should represent the name of the model, and inside the model, the name of the folder with the contained files (within NiCEFiles).
- Absolute path to SIZE. This file should only be in the project space AND be copied into the appropriate folder before runtime if its not there already.
- Location of makenek - might be a hidden entry or taken care of on the launcher statically.
- Mesh tolerance for genmap (Entry continuous, 0.0001-1)
The SESSION.NAME will be generated AFTER the item has been processed (in the model). This may need to be moved to the nek5_svn directory.