Use this document for UI items that are very minor or require discussion before being resolved via bug reports.
Unobvious or annoying "policies" around task list UI and other places
- include tasks into the working sets on under certain conditions
- show task ids in some places in UI and don't show them in the other places
- switch task history based on the active working sets
- showing empty query nodes in the Task List (I have feeling that this one could be a reason of several bugs when empty node is not being filtered out)
- jump up of the empty folder or query
- don't allow to include Archive into the task working set
- silently remove query hits without allowing user to review incoming change
- force scheduled and estimated on any newly created tasks
- fold all comments and sections in the task editor. sometimes useful, but often annoying, especially after picking up changes into the already opened editor
- Mark Landmark/Less Interesting, consider removing from navigation menu
- (Why is the menu entry Less Interesting rather than Remove From Focus as in the context menu?)
- If single task id entered for repository open tasks directly rather than searching
- Add to tasklist needs to be available in sesarch results view (consider removing open repository task from Navigate menu)
- Local Task Repository needs preference page (via Task Repository Settings page)
- bug#192582 Restoring defaults not restoring all settings
- Change task editor incoming/conflict highlight color to be more pronounced.
- Sorting set to Summary but tasklist sorted by priority upon startup
- Sub tasks should no longer be filtered by default
- Add 'Defer a week' option to Schedule for context menu option
- Improve layout of Find and bread crumb bar
- Add Alt+Click tip to Focus on Active Task button tooltip
- Consider adding Navigate actions (e.g. Open Repository Task) to Task List view menu
- Due dates not currently not settable from context menu in task list
- Tooltip: Synched vs. completed is confusing
- Selecting a task obscures its active/inactive indicator
- When a category is selected, the selection color shows through 4 pixels of the folder icon
- Italicizing the active task to indicate synchronization shouldn't un-bold it
- Active/inactive indicators overlap clipboards after Going Into a category
- Attempting to rename query with right-click -> Rename has no effect
- Right-click -> Copy Details on a local task copies "null: " prefix
- Sort By and Task Presentation menus should have radio buttons, not checkboxes
- Focus On Workweek Filter
- Archive category has incoming decoration even if all incomings are shown in the tasklist and therefore not displayed in the archive (might only be for new hits)
- Archive category filter is not restored to not applied upon unfocusing (the check beside the filter isn't there, but the archive isn't shown either). You have to toggle the archive filter to show the archive cateogry again.
- Don't show notification for new bug reports submitted by user
- Don't show notificaiton for new incoming if synched from editor
- Local task icon in popup should not be bug icon
- Investigate performance issue since taskdata now loaded upon popup show
- Reveal in tasklist missing from popup
- Icon in tab of Local Task editor is repository task icon, should be local task icon
- Assign to needs content assist in New Task Editor
- Update Attributes option (button) should be available in Task Editor header
- Render context attachments 'comments' in Bugzilla as links to activate context or thumbnails, not comments.
- If the Description of a repository task is editable, no border is drawn to indicate this in the editor
- The Summary text field of a repository task editor is always editable even if the repository task attribute is read only.
- "Add To Task List" only appears in the context menu on the editor of an opened repository task if you have a category in your tasklist (can't add to root) Uncategorized is now always available.
- Uncategorized folder in "Add To Task List" context menu not decorated with Jar icon
- Ampersand in task name misinterpreted as mnemonic in large heading
- New Task -> Local Tasks -> Finish -> start typing the summary quickly; your typing is overwritten by "New Task"
- If I close a new local task without saving, delete it.
- Category selection should be available within Task Planning editor
- Search page too small with clean workspace settings?
- Proxy settings section expanded when shouldn't be for new Task Repository?
- Depending on connector hyperlink detection is slightly different. Should unify so that same patters work among all connectors: bug#123, task#123, task 123, #123
- Hyperlinks opening synchronously
- Additional patterns:
- attachment 12345
- Comment linking bug#164221
- bla blah JiraWebIssueService$2.execute(JiraWebIssueService.java:105): still linking preceeding text where only class:line in brackets should be linked
- Hyperlinks should have the task's summary as the tooltip (Eclipse hyperlink limitation here?)
- Premature hyperlink termination: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/FAQ_How_do_I_hook_my_editor_to_the_Back_and_Forward_buttons%3F
- Avoid spell checking hyperlinks
- Automatically disable Platform URL hyperlink detector.
- Remove default linking from prefs?
Task Repositories View
- (from bug#124321) Add properties page to Local Tasks repository that explains that it is automatically created and point to the Task List preference page which points the user at the data directory.
There should be no synchronous repository communication. Cases that could still be left:
- Contact attach/retrieve.
- Download of repository configuration after new bug created with no previous query.
- Job name in Progress view is misspelled "Synchronizying queries"