Mylyn/SOC/2007/Synchronous context sharing with Mylyn and ECF
- Jevgeni Holodkov
- Mik Kersten
This is about Mylar synchronous context sharing among team members by means of Mylar and ECF integration. The goal of such context sharing is to provide more seamless knowledge sharing process, allow sharing context synchronous even if the used connector does not support context sharing or no connectors used at all.
The synchronous context sharing means that it is possible to share context on fly with a friend who is currently online and you are discussing some issue. It will be possible to create a task for new context or assign this context to an existing one.
Technically, the solution will use ECF to handle all communication details. I will try to employ current Mylar’s context sharing functionality. This solution will provide SWT-based user-interface for context sharing and I will also include the rainy scenarios handling, such as “no connection with friend” or “file resources are out of sync”.
- 178883 - Provide ability to export/import individual task content via File->Export/Import menu
The View will consist from one page, that contain a tree with tasks, path where the context file should be placed/should be uploaded from and "overwrite existing files without warning" option.
- Implementing Export Wizard
Next to do:
- Finish context Export Wizard
- Create context Action for context export (context menu)
- Create Importing utility and write tests for it
- Create Import Wizard (similar to Export Wizard)
- Create context Action for context import (context menu, similar to export action)
- Create context Action for context import (context menu)
- Write Help for Context Export/Import Wizards
- Refactor TaskListContentProvider and reuse FilteredTree in context Export/Export Wizard
- Context export utility and tests