Mylyn/SOC/2007/Synchronous context sharing with Mylyn and ECF
- Jevgeni Holodkov
- Mik Kersten
- 1 About
- 2 Bug list
This is about Mylar synchronous context sharing among team members by means of Mylar and ECF integration. The goal of such context sharing is to provide more seamless knowledge sharing process, allow sharing context synchronous even if the used connector does not support context sharing or no connectors used at all.
The synchronous context sharing means that it is possible to share context on fly with a friend who is currently online and you are discussing some issue. It will be possible to create a task for new context or assign this context to an existing one.
Technically, the solution will use ECF to handle all communication details. I will try to employ current Mylar’s context sharing functionality. This solution will provide SWT-based user-interface for context sharing and I will also include the rainy scenarios handling, such as “no connection with friend” or “file resources are out of sync”.
The View will consist from multiple pages: First page will provide a selection what to export (currently either context or whole mylyn data). Context page will contain a tree with tasks (similar to one, that is used within ActivityReportAction), path where the context file should be placed/should be uploaded from and "overwrite existing files without warning" option.
- Create context Action for context export (context menu)
Next to do:
- Clean up the code
- Create Importing utility and write tests for it
- Implement context import page
- Refactor TaskDataImportWizard to include context import page
- Create context Action for context import (context menu, similar to export action)
- Write Help for Context Export/Import Pages
- Common entry point for both context and task export pages
- Task Exporting via File menu