Difference between revisions of "Mylyn/SOC/2007/Synchronous context sharing with Mylyn and ECF"
m (→Done: cat)
m (Mylyn synchronous context sharing, based on Mylyn and ECF integration moved to Mylyn/SOC/2007/Synchronous context sharing with Mylyn and ECF)
Latest revision as of 15:42, 4 December 2007
- Jevgeni Holodkov
- Mik Kersten
This is about Mylar synchronous context sharing among team members by means of Mylar and ECF integration. The goal of such context sharing is to provide more seamless knowledge sharing process, allow sharing context synchronous even if the used connector does not support context sharing or no connectors used at all.
The synchronous context sharing means that it is possible to share context on fly with a friend who is currently online and you are discussing some issue. It will be possible to create a task for new context or assign this context to an existing one.
Technically, the solution will use ECF to handle all communication details. I will try to employ current Mylar’s context sharing functionality. This solution will provide SWT-based user-interface for context sharing and I will also include the rainy scenarios handling, such as “no connection with friend” or “file resources are out of sync”.
- bug 178883 - Provide ability to export/import individual task content via File->Export/Import menu
- bug 189518 - support import/export of Task List queries
- bug 195737 - Provide ability to export/import task context via ECF communications
- bug 195738 - Context import dialog should provide an ability to create a local task for this context
bug 189514- allow import/export and cloning of queries
The View will consist from multiple pages: First page will provide a selection what to export (currently either context or whole mylyn data). Context page will contain a tree with tasks (similar to one, that is used within ActivityReportAction), path where the context file should be placed/should be uploaded from and "overwrite existing files without warning" option.
- Common entry point for both context and task export pages
- Task Exporting via File menu
- Task Exporting via Popup menu