The Mylar API already supports multiple issue tracking systems, therefore the existing abstraction can be used to implement a Trac connector. Trac issues can be accessed remotely through an query script that outputs tab-delimited text as well as through an XML-RPC interface. The XML-RPC interface has not yet been integrated into the main distribution of Trac but is available as a separate plug-in.
The project will be accomplished in two iterations. This goal of the first iteration to make the connector work with existing Trac deployments through the custom query script. The output is available in multiple formats including tab-delimited text (sample output). This information will be used for read-only display in Mylar. A web-browser will be used for editing of tickets.
The second iteration will focus on enhancing the support for Trac's XML-RPC interface. The XML-RPC interface allows full featured access to all ticket information and allows manipulation of tickets. The editing of tickets will be done through Eclipse forms.
- Create and edit Trac repositories (#147817, #148378)
- Templates for common repository locations (#150677)
- Data model for repository access (#147816)
- Create new tasks through web-browser (#150699)
- Add exiting tasks to task list (#149385)
- Query repository in task list view through Bugzilla like query dialog (#149386)
M2 (in progress): Full integration based on the Trac XML-RPC plug-in
- Digest authentication (#151077)
- Handle trailing slashes in repository urls (#150890)
- Remember repository attributes (#150670)
- Authoring of reports within native Eclipse editor (#151899, #146334 )
- Attachment support (#151900)
- Offline editing
Releases are available at the Mylar dev update site (Eclipse 3.2 only):
The source is available in the Mylar CVS:
- Core and Model: Provides Java abstraction for repository access
- Abstraction for query script and XML-RPC access
- (Eclipse independent) model classes that represent Trac data
- UI: Tasklist classes
- Tests: Test for Core and UI
Since Core and Model is only used by UI both are combined in a single plug-in.
For the XML-RPC calls Apache XML-RPC is used.