Mylyn/Rich Editor For Wiki Markup
Rich Editor For Wiki Markup
This page contains the project proposal created by [Harshana Martin] for the idea of "Rich Editor For Wiki Markup" from the [GSoc 2010 idea list]. I am extreamly happy to have comments from the viewers.
Mylyn WikiText project provides extensible framework and tools for parsing, editing and presenting lightweight markup. As an important component of the WikiText project, Wiki Text Editor provides the ability to create and edit wiki files written in several wiki markup languages such as MediaWiki, Textile, Confluence, TracWiki and TWiki. But the problem with the existing wiki text editor is, users need to have knowledge about these wiki mark-ups or they have to use the cheat sheets when they are using the editor. This makes the existing wiki text editor less user friendly and less usable. This project aims to provide a Rich Wiki Text editor such as WYSIWYG editor which can parse multiple wiki markup languages and HTML so that the wiki text editor users do not need to have a prior knowledge about the wiki language mark-ups. The stakeholders of the project will be software developers, wiki page creators and many others including the people who want to convert same document to many other formats.
Project Scope is consists with few stages.
- Implementing the WYSIWYG editor UI.
- Implementing the WYSIWYG editor backend tasks.
- Integerating the WYSIWYG UI with the Backend tasks.
- Integrating with the existing WikiText Project.
- A WYSIWYG Rich wiki text editor for WikiText project in the Eclipse Mylyn project.
- A proper documentations guide for users on how to use the tool set and documentation guide for developers on set of APIs, extension points.
|M1||May 3, 2010||Study & Identify the good features that I should adapt and the defects that I should fix and solve in the existing wiki text editor.|
|M2||May 24, 2010||Studying the WikiText codebase closer and get a thorough understanding of how the things are implemented right now with the existing editor.|
|M3||June 30, 2010||Implementing the WYSIWYG editor UI with the exiting WikiText JFace Viewer with DOM based Model for parsing the wiki markups & Testing.|
|M4||July 10, 2010||Implementing the markup language specific emitters(validators) for markup extraction from DOM model & Testing.|
|M5||July 19, 2010||Integration of UI, DOM model and the markup extractors & Testing.|
|M6||july 26, 2010||Integrating the implemented UI, DOM model, markup extractors with the existing wiki language parsers & Testing.|
|M7||August 2, 2010||Integrating the WYSIWYG editor and rest of the components with the current manual wiki editor & Testing.|
|M8||August 10, 2010||Integrating the WYSIWYG rich wiki text editor with the Mylyn WikiText project & Testing.|
|M9||August 14, 2010||Completing Documentation.|
- Providing support for every feature current editor supports.
- Backward compatibility for the previous versions of the Mylyn and Mylyn WikiText.
- Implementing DOM model which supports wiki markup languages and HTML.
- Supporting extendibility for the new markup languages which are currently not supporting in the current wiki text editor.