NOTE: plan is tentative and in progress, do not edit. To comments please use bug 236940.
Also see the Mylyn/Plan/3.0.
|Mylyn 3.0.1||July 16, 2008||Eclipse 3.4 and 3.3||Key fixes affecting integrators||View|
|Mylyn 3.0.2||Sept. 17, 2008||Eclipse 3.4.1 and 3.3||Ganymede Update 1, all tests ported, API docs||View|
|Mylyn 3.1M1||Oct. 29, 2008 ?||Eclipse 3.5 Milestone and 3.4.1||...||...|
|Mylyn 3.1RC||?||...||API additions frozen||...|
|Mylyn 3.1||March 2009 ?, 2008||Eclipse 3.5 Milestone and 3.4||View|
|Mylyn 3.0.3||Feb. 18, 2008||Eclipse 3.4.1 and 3.3||Ganymede Update 2||View|
|Mylyn 3.2||June 25, 2009||Eclipse 3.5 and 3.4||Planned after 3.1 release||View|
- Mylyn 3.0.2 RC1: 2008-08-22
- Mylyn 3.0.2 RC2: 2008-09-09
The first goal of Mylyn is to make task and context management seamlessly integrated with the Eclipse Platform by providing rich and extensible frameworks for task repository connectors, structure bridges and team support. The second goal is to provide a reference implementation of the Task-Focused UI for the Eclipse SDK. This includes structure bridges for the artifacts supported by the SDK which include Java, PDE, Ant and generic files. It also includes the Bugzilla Connector as the reference task repository implementation, and CVS integration as the reference team support. Additional features can be considered based on the availability community contributions and resources.
In addition to using the planned themes listed below, we need to continue prioritizing the ongoing input of our growing user community. Committers should prioritize bugs in the following order. This order need not be used if a bug contains a community contribution of a patch, in which case the quality of the patch determines the priority.
- Frameworks & APIs: Tasks, Context, Team, Monitor, headless use
- UI: Tasks List, Task Editor, Task-focused UI
- Connectors: Bugzilla (reference implementation), Trac (committer supported), JIRA (community supported)
Out of Scope
- Eclipse: 3.4 and 3.5 Milestones (only latest milestone supported at time of release)
- Java: JRE 5.0 or later required
- Operating Systems: all supported by Eclipse
Legend: planned for 3.1, completed for 3.1, optional, candidate for 3.2
- Ensure passing test suite and setup continuous build
- Remove deprecated internal classes
- Cleanup Sandbox to make it installable
- Improvements to API documentation (likely 3.2)
- Expose save model to enable third parties to participate in safe saving and snapshots of
.mylynworkspace data. Make the save model safe to all failures (e.g. power off) and provide history snapshots.
- Support asynchronous and periodic saving of contexts.
- Improve performance. E.g., query synchronization, Task List refresh.
- Encapsulation of guaranteed visibility rules (need to discuss)
- Provide utility API for commonly used Forms functionality
- Provide mapping from TaskData model to UI elements in task editor
- Integrated bug reporting
- Listener-based notifications for incoming changes and date changes (likley 3.2)
- Fine-grained notifications to avoid extraneous refreshes (likely 3.2)
- Import/export API improvements and conflict resolution (likely 3.2)
- API for Task List (likely 3.2)
- Change set refresh problem fix or work-around.
- Remove the need to Alt+click by custom drawing an affordance for showing filtered children. bug 175655
- Support WikiText based rich editing for all task editors.
- Merge the local and repository task editors. bug 211096
- Add Find functionality for task editor.
- Improve information density of the repository task editor. For example, by folding away comments and wrapping comment text, maximize new comment area, support text wrapping.
- Improve Outline and provide a quick outline (probably out of scope)
- Improve offline attachment support (most likely out of scope)
Other: Fix duplicate detection UI
- Reduce clicks for task creation.
- Improve usability of unfocused mode and discoverability of focused mode
- Improve discoverability of activtion, e.g., button highlights on hover
- Improve subtask matching for queries
- Streamline popup menus in Task List, Search and Editors.