NOTE: plan is tentative and in progress, do not edit. To comments please use bug 236940.
Also see the Mylyn/Plan/3.0.
|Mylyn 3.0.1||July 16, 2008||Eclipse 3.4 and 3.3||Key fixes affecting integrators||View|
|Mylyn 3.0.2||Sept. 17, 2008||Eclipse 3.4.1 and 3.3||Ganymede Update 1, all tests ported, API docs||View|
|Mylyn 3.1M1||Oct. 29, 2008 ?||Eclipse 3.5 Milestone and 3.4.1||...||...|
|Mylyn 3.1RC||Nov. 19, 2008 ?||...||API additions frozen||...|
|Mylyn 3.1||Dec. 10 ?, 2008||Eclipse 3.5 Milestone and 3.4||View|
|Mylyn 3.1.1||Feb. 18, 2008||Eclipse 3.4.1 and 3.3||Ganymede Update 2||View|
|Mylyn 3.2||June 25, 2009||Eclipse 3.5 and 3.4||Planned after 3.1 release||View|
The first goal of Mylyn is to make task and context management seamlessly integrated with the Eclipse Platform by providing rich and extensible frameworks for task repository connectors, structure bridges and team support. The second goal is to provide a reference implementation of the Task-Focused UI for the Eclipse SDK. This includes structure bridges for the artifacts supported by the SDK which include Java, PDE, Ant and generic files. It also includes the Bugzilla Connector as the reference task repository implementation, and CVS integration as the reference team support. Additional features can be considered based on the availability community contributions and resources.
In addition to using the planned themes listed below, we need to continue prioritizing the ongoing input of our growing user community. Committers should prioritize bugs in the following order. This order need not be used if a bug contains a community contribution of a patch, in which case the quality of the patch determines the priority.
- Frameworks & APIs: Tasks, Context, Team, Monitor, headless use
- UI: Tasks List, Task Editor, Task-focused UI
- Connectors: Bugzilla (reference implementation), Trac (committer supported), JIRA (community supported)
Out of Scope
- Eclipse: 3.4 and 3.5 Milestones (only latest milestone supported at time of release)
- Java: JRE 5.0 or later required
- Operating Systems: all supported by Eclipse
Legend: planned for 3.1, completed for 3.1, optional, candidate for 3.2
- Fine-grained notifications to avoid extraneous refreshes
- Encapsulation of guaranteed visibiltiy rules
- API for Task List