This is an early draft and not yet ready for comment.
Mylar milestones are released 1 week after Eclipse milestones.
- 2.0M1: February 16, 2007
- 2.0M2: March 30, 2007
- 2.0M3: May 11, 2007
- 2.0RC1: June 15, 2007
- 2.0: June 29, 2007
- Eclipse 3.3: Mylar 2.0 and future Mylar releases
- Eclipse 3.2: Mylar 2.0 will be the the end-of-life for 3.2 branch
- Requires Java 5 and later
Committers will prioritize bugs without external contributions (i.e. patches) in the following order:
- API & Tasks framework
- Task List and Task editor UI
- Task-Focused UI
- Context framework
- Connector improvements
- Increase Task Editor information density. The task editor is a very frequent target of interaction, and we need to continue streamlining it. When opened it should show the user the most relevant information with minimal clicking and scrolling required. (158921).
- Support date view in Task List. A common way of organizing tasks to work on in the current week is by day. We should support this by integrating the Task Activity view's date range container presentation with the Task List. (147084)
- Support integration with planning tools. Many task repositories have facilities for task planning in the form of milestones, due dates, and other organizations of tasks. The Task List and Task Editor should support such extensions, for example, allowing the Task List to be organized by milestone. (e.g. 152490).
- Support task dependencies. Many tasks are related to other tasks, whether it's because they should be worked on in sequence or are subtasks. We should make these dependencies explicit in the Task List and Task Editor. (137543)
- Streamline task creation. Make it easier to create tasks, fork them, or promote local tasks to repository tasks. (154896, 152211)
- Improve task activity timing. We currently have a task activity mechanism, but it is not explicit enough, and does not capture time spent outside of the workbench. It should also be extensible to OS-specific monitoring. (135668).
- 167021: Task with "Web link" filled should open "planning"
- 135607: Browser tab in all task editors should always have location and progress indicator
- 165809: allow a repository to be put into offline mode
- 165833: improve support for long task synchronizations
- 149607: Request repository credentials when they aren't set for repository]
- 12431: explore making local tasks be a repository
- 164243: migrate missing elements via refactoring history
- 111107: improve usability and scope of dynamic working set for search
- 169449: [working sets] Store and retrieve working set usage in active context
- 160780: Integrate "close" issue action to support dev workflow
- 163537: Use Eclipse Activities (Capabilities) to switch Mylar on/off
- 167362: move httpclient dependency to Orbit
- build process
- 167050: Optimize Mylar update sites
- 166733: Mylar update site should link to companion update sites
- 143577: alt-click to expose filtered queries/categories in tasklist
- 163450: Tab title decoration for Task List view
- 166990: [multi monitor] if Eclipse is on secondary monitor to left of primary task list tooltips show on primary
- 166644: Activating task should restore multiple editor configuration
- 150682: Context attachment needs progress indication with cancellation or to run in background
- 159318: [ui] retrieve context action is not available in the attachments popup menu
- 166621: Include a "Add Attachment" action on task context menu
- 158405: Add sort indicators to the Task List table view
- 166399: allow contributions to the UI legend
- 162610: automatically toggle folding of Javadoc comments
- 161877: make searching for duplicates more encouraged and more flexible
- 166835: jira queries fails to import when disconnected