Mylyn/Meetings

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Tel: 1-866-362-7064 or 1-613-287-8000, Passcode: 892048#

Mylyn Meetings Archive

Contents

Pending Discussion Items

  • bug 203399 standardize hyperlinking strategy for the Task Editor (Eugene)
  • Active task and working set presentation/switching when Task List is not visible
  • Visualization of entries that don't match queries bug 201157 (Eugene)
  • Proposal for simplifying the overdue notions for Scheduled for and Due dates (Mik)
  • Design discussion: queries, categories, groupings and recommended settings bug 175318 (Mik)

Next Meeting

Planning meetings are open to all interested. When adding an item to the agenda please include your name.

Tuesday, November 6, 10-11am PT

Agenda:

  • Mylyn Monitor and concept of a Feedback Agent (zx)
  • Mylyn 3.0 planning (Mik)
  • Eclipse 3.2 and Mylyn 2.0 compatibility and support bug 205995, bug 205995
  • Manage New & Noteworthy items (Steffen)
  • Arbitrary attributes discussion bug 199818

Past Meetings

Tuesday, October 30, 10-11am PT

Agenda:

  • Apache JIRA problem, bug 205963
  • Mylyn 3.0 planning (Mik)
    • Flagging pending API changes in the code (Steffen)
  • Manage New & Noteworthy items (Steffen)
  • Mylyn Monitor and concept of a Feedback Agent (zx)
  • Arbitrary attributes discussion bug 199818
  • Subtasks and incoming decoration mess (Eugene)
  • Overuse of "please fill a new bug for this" (Eugene)

Minutes:

  • Steffen will document tags on wiki adding a tag (API30) for documenting changes proposed for 3.0 (since referencing wiki all the time is difficult)
  • Rob to gather all subtask/incoming related bugs under one master bug report bug 208089
  • Rob to create bug report for prototypeing single viewer based editor bug 208061
  • Rob to create bug report to delay synchronization (15s proposed) bug 208063

Tuesday, October 23, 10-11am PT

Agenda:

  • Apache JIRA problem, bug 205963
  • allow to configure labels in the task list bug 199345 (Eugene)
  • UI and mechanism for pushing task active time to repository bug 205218 (Helen)
  • Design discussion of Task Editor layout (Mik, Rob)
  • Design discussion for simplifying the overdue notions for Scheduled for and Due dates (Mik)
  • Arbitrary attributes discussion bug 199818
  • Mylyn 3.0 planning (Mik)

Minutes:

XPlanner Time Tracking

  • Timing related fields shouldn't be in custom editor, ideally left in Planning Editor
  • Need ability to query date ranges for task activity
  • Provide report on time tracking based on task search (deprecate task activity report?)

Task List and editors

  • Rob will reduce number of comments visisble and lazy load uninteresting bug 206568
  • Mik to post patch for task overdue simplification
  • Mik to comment on Eugene's custom attributes bug.

Configuration refresh options discussed

  • Manual, User Configurable, Semi-auto (detect if large repository, if so require manual)

Tuesday, October 16, 10-11am PT

Agenda:

  • Arbitrary attributes discussion bug 199818
  • UI and mechanism for pushing task active time to repository bug 205218 (Helen)
  • Proposal for simplifying the overdue notions for Scheduled for and Due dates (Mik)
  • Mylyn 3.0 planning (Mik)
  • Discussions in bug reports (Eugene)

Tuesday, October 9, 10-11am PT

Agenda:

  • Mylyn 3.0 planning (Mik)
  • Summary bug view / quick viewing of bug reports design discussion: bug 205669 (Steffen)
  • Design discussion - bugzilla cached configuration (Rob)
  • Proposal for simplifying the overdue notions for Scheduled for and Due dates (Mik)


Tuesday, October 2, 10-11am PT

Agenda:

  • 2.1 release review (Mik)
  • Eclipse.org bandwidth usage bug 196056 bug 205213 (Rob)
  • XPlanner update (Helen)
  • 3.0 plan review and bug triage (all)
  • Mylyn connector for mingle (Ketan)

Minutes:


Tuesday, September 25, 10-11am PT

Agenda:

  • Mylyn 2.1, Europa Fall Update and Ganymede status and review of remaining items (Mik)
  • Update sites, linking and download redesign (Mik) bug 194469
  • Sandbox quality bar and policy for inclusion of features for discoverable sites in Europa Fall Update (Mik) bug 204560
  • Subtasks being enabled by default for Bugzilla and corresponding policies (Rob, Mik, Eugene)
    • artificial "grouping" vs. showing subtasks
  • JIRA update (Steffen)
  • XPlanner update (Helen)

Minutes:

  • Update site should include historical builds as part of archive
  • Subtask setting to be renamed

Tuesday, September 18, 10-11am PT

Agenda:

  • Policy for adding stuff to the Sandbox, i.e. group by scheduled vs. "out of nowhere" "Incoming (Experimental)" presentation (Eugene)
  • Review of all bugs scheduled for Mylyn 2.1 (all)
  • 3.0 planning (Mik)
  • bug 203399 standardize hyperlinking strategy for the Task Editor (Eugene)

Minutes:


Tuesday, September 11, 10-11am PT

Agenda:

  • Review of all bugs scheduled for Mylyn 2.1 (all)
  • Policy for making significant changes to open bugs' status, e.g. marking for bugday (Mik)
  • 3.0 planning (Mik)
  • Design discussion: queries, categories, groupings and recommended settings bug 175318 (Mik)
  • Visualization of entries that don't match queries bug 201157 (Eugene)
  • Arbitrary attributes discussion bug 199818
  • Summary bug view / quick viewing of bug reports design discussion
  • Design discussion - bugzilla cached configuration

Minutes:



Tuesday, September 4, 10-11am PT

Agenda:

  • Missed BugDay
  • Summer of Code wrap-up (Jevgeni, Xiaoyang, Balazs)
  • Policy:
    • Resolving bug reports (Rob)
    • Reopening closed reports, i.e. AllTasks fails (Eugene)
  • Design discussion - bugzilla cached configuration
  • 2.1 and 3.0 Planning (Mik)
  • Arbitrary attributes discussion bug 199818
  • Visualization of entries that don't match queries bug 201157 (Eugene)

Minutes:

  • Bug Day
    • We will participate in Bug Day
    • Need to continute to maintain/label bug day bugs
    • Must maintain calendar of bug day events and send announcemnts to newsgroup/mailing lists
    • Eugne willing to mentor on bug days
  • Policy
    • Contributions (patches) must be accompanied with summary of issues addressed by provided patch. Must also indicate if patch is intended to resolve bug report or further work required. (Rob will update Contributor Reference)
    • Reopening closed reports not encouraged. Mik will resolve bug#152869 - creating bugs from failed unit tests for 2.1
  • Builds
    • RC builds, dev builds as weekly milestone builds (Mik to send proposal to newsgroup to get feedback from community on this proposed change)