EPUB Editor (DRAFT)
Currently the EPUB supporting UI only allows for one single file to be assembled into an EPUB. The only other option is to write a rather extensive Ant task. While this is useful when doing headless builds - an EPUB editor could be very useful when wanting to assemble the more complex publications.
The basic idea is to introduce a new file type; .epubspec which contains the EPUB specification. It should be possible to open this file into an editor especially designed to handle it.
- Multipage form based editor.
- An editable list of all pages that are in the reading order.
- An editable list of all items.
- Conversion (wiki markup conversion options).
- When an EPUB specification is added to a project, the project's build specification should be updated to include a builder for this file type.
- The builder shall locate all .epubspec files found in the project and build the associated EPUB file when executed.
- It should be possible to convert .epubspec files to Ant scripts