Difference between revisions of "Mylyn/Contribution Ideas"
Revision as of 19:10, 27 June 2007
Feel free to add your idea or elaborate on an existing one. This listing is intended for prospective contributors, Google Summer of Code students, and others interesting in becoming part of the Mylar developer community. Also see: bugs marked helpwanted.
- Provide lightweight workflow actions (e.g. trigger a commit when a bug is closed). This involves adding workflow support to the Tasks framework and implementing task editor actions for for workflow (e.g. check-box for performing commit, action for running task context tests). Query current wofklow bugs
- bug 152415: add a buddy list to ease task assignments and CCs.
- bug 161877: improve duplicate detection mechanism and heuristics.
- Provide wiki integration. This involves providing mechanisms for rich editing and viewing of task repository comments in wiki format, potentially adding wiki editing.
- Improve the new user's experiece. This could involve creating a welcome page, cheat sheets, and streamlining the process of going from installing Mylar to having a task repository.
- Create a certificate manager for Mylar (similar to FireFox's certificate manager).
- bug 116487: create performance test harness
- Identify key performance bottlenecks and address existing performance bugs.
Structure bridges connect Mylar's task context model and task-focused UI to domain-specific tools and artifacts. Note that some bridge implementations fall out of the scope of the Mylar project itself and should reside in the projects that they integrate with. For documentation see: Context API
- bug 162558: C/C++ via CDT (eclipse.org/cdt)
- bug 150772: RadRails (external)
- bug 176804: PHP via PDT (eclipse.org/pdt)
- bug 167456: PHPEclipse (external)
- bug 161829: Texlipse Latex (external)
- bug 144564: AspectJ (external)
- bug 111700: active folding for WTP XML editor (eclipse.org/wtp)
- bug 170894: create an example connector project to be used by integrators as a template. This connector should be simple, for example, it could provide integration with a local comma-delimited value (CSV) and/or Maven tasks plug-in format as the task repository.
- bug 170395: create PDE wizards for automatically generating task repository connectors. These would be similar to the current PDE wizards for creating plug-in projects and may also use cheat sheets to guide developer through the whole process.