Difference between revisions of "Mylyn/Activity Tracing For Mylyn"
(→Software Architecture / Plugin Structure)
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
== ToDos ==
== ToDos ==
*extend the comment stream for additional informations: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=376233 BUG 376233] <br>- commits<br>-
*extend the comment stream for additional informations: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=376233 BUG 376233] <br>- commits<br>- <br>- <br>
Revision as of 17:19, 17 June 2012
The Mylyn task editor is the hub for task-focused collaboration. Yet, there are many other artifacts and activities that are part of the development workflow that are visualized in different views in the IDE. A unified activity view that aggregates tasks, builds, reviews and commits either in a dashboard or embedded in the task editor would nicely enhance traceability and visibility.
This additional data could show for example in the task editor or in a dashboard (new view). The new view helps the user to trace the selected tasks. One use case for this view could be, show the files, which are changed with the last commit. So the user have later the possibility to see, which files with this task are changed. Similar use cases are the build and review traces, who the user want see, if the selected task have an association with the build server task or a finished review task. So can die developer see, which changes have broken the build. With these additional data the task editor gets more connection to other developer tools.
- Show the commit informations in a TableViewer, which is embedded in the task editor.
- Extend the Tableviewer for the additional build and review data. The TableViewer displays now all needed data.
- Embed the additional data in the comment stream (task editor).
- Optional: Dashboard, which aggregates data about several tasks.
Software Architecture / Plugin Structure
- extend the comment stream for additional informations: BUG 376233
- create a mookup for this data: BUG 378001
- software/plugin design for this project: BUG 382115
- get the additional informations from the workspace: BUG 378002
- EGit repo model: BUG 378097 / Bug 380584 / Bug 380843
- Gerrit data model: BUG 378101
- Hudson data model
- integrate a tableviewer in the comment stream: BUG 378003 / Result: Gerrit Review
- show the commit informations in the tableviewer: BUG 378005
- extend the tableviewer for additional review data BUG 382100
- extend the tableviewer for additional build data
- embed the additional data in the comment stream (task editor)
|M1||May 01, 2012||Studying the documentation and existing code and prepare toolchain||Finished|| BUG 196788 BUG 187698 |
BUG 197924 BUG 198004
BUG 336298 BUG 340794
BUG 355973 BUG 355015
|M2||May 20, 2012||Create a design and mockup||Finished||BUG 378001|
|M3||July 15, 2012||Mid term: Show commit information in task editor||In Progress|| BUG 378097 BUG 380584|
BUG 380843 BUG 378003
|M4||July 30, 2012||Show builds and code reviews in the task editor||TBD||BUG 378101 BUG 382100|
|M5||August 13, 2012||Embed activity data in the comment stream||TBD||N/A|
|M6||August 20, 2012||Pencils down: Documentation complete||TBD||N/A|