I tried to download the source following the directions given on the Mylar Contributor Reference, and Eclipse says that there are errors. What do I do?
There are several possible things wrong:
- You don't have the latest milestone of Eclipse; download the latest stable version from the "all downloads" page. Note that the downloads page that is easiest to find will show you the latest releases, not the latest milestones.
- You don't have JRE 1.5 associated with this workspace. Go to Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs -> Execution Environments and make sure that the 1.5 checkbox is checked.
- You don't have Jira installed, but do have the org.eclipse.mylar.tests installed. That is a separate download. See Mylar_Contributor_Reference#Workspace_setup.
- You have Jira installed but don't have Subclipse installed. See Mylar_Contributor_Reference#Workspace_setup.
What limitations does Mylar have?
- Bug 106678: The Package Explorer hierarchical layout is not supported on Eclipse 3.2.0 and will show uninteresting elements when enabled. Resolved on Eclipse 3.2.1 and Eclipse 3.3.
- Mylar does not work with the WTP XML editor. See bug 144882: interest filter fails on WTP Dynamic Web Project.
Older versions of Eclipse
Why doesn't the Package Explorer show hierarchy?
This should only be a problem with Eclipse 3.1. The Hierarchical layout is not supported in the Package Explorer. In the Package Explorer menu, select Layout -> Flat.
When I click on a .java file, the right editor doesn't open! What do I do?
This sometimes happens when using Eclipse 3.1. Reset the Java editor to be default for ".java" again via: Preferences -> General -> Editors -> File Associations. Upgrading to 3.2 will also eliminate the problem.