Modeling Project Workflow Conventions
This document is a stub. Please add to it to make it grow.
The following prefix conventions are used to when naming bugs to make searching easier and more obvious:
- [Plan Item] -- Plan Item bugs
- [releng] -- release engineering bugs
- [Duplicate] -- to mark a new bug for an existing fix as being backported to a maintenance stream. This makes it easy to find bugs by name and know which one was the backport and which the original.
NOTE: When using [Duplicate] be sure to make the new bug depend on the previous bug.
1. NEW -- bug open or being worked 2. ASSIGNED -- fix is in CVS 3. FIXED -- fix is available in a build (set automatically during promotion)
In future - see bug 149692 - we'd like:
1. NEW -- bug open 2. ASSIGNED -- bug being worked 3. FIXED -- fix is in CVS 4. RELEASED -- fix is available in a build (set automatically during promotion)
We commit fixes with comments preceded by the bug number, as in:
 Fixed something in this file
Plan docs are simplified by linking to Bugzilla dynamically instead of statically listing bugs. Examples: