Difference between revisions of "Modeling Project Releng/Releng Module"
m (EMFT Releng Module moved to Modeling Project Releng Module)
Revision as of 15:07, 18 December 2006
Template Usage Steps
First, you need to get a copy of the template.
- Copy org.eclipse.emft/releng/common_releng_template to org.eclipse.emft/releng/_SHORTNAME_, where _SHORTNAME_ = "cdo", "eodm", "jeteditor", etc.
- Find and rename all files with _SHORTNAME_ in their name, using the project's shortname
- Find and replace all occurrences in all files of the string "_SHORTNAME_" with your project's shortname.
- Find and replace all occurrences in all files of the string "_PROJECTNAMESPACE_" with your project's namespace. This can be the same as the shortname, that is
eodm: org.eclipse._PROJECTNAMESPACE_ -> org.eclipse.eodm
- but is often different, including .emf or more
cdo: org.eclipse._PROJECTNAMESPACE_ -> org.eclipse.emf.cdo - or - jeteditor: org.eclipse._PROJECTNAMESPACE_ -> org.eclipse.emf.codegen.jet.editor
Next, you need to customize the template for your project's specific needs.
1. Edit promoteToEclipse.*.properties: enter the correct name / email address newsgroupPublisherEmail="My Name <email@example.com>"
2. Edit repoInfo.properties: enter the correct cvs username(s)
3. Edit buildAll.xml: ensure that if you are properly configured for the JDK you require (1.4, 5.0) (see TODOs) If this project depends on more than just Eclipse and EMF (eg., also on OCL) then enter more <replacefilter/> tags in target "publish" (see TODO) If necessary, you can manually copy files from the SDK into the other zips (see TODO) If necessary, you should remove 3rd party jars used at build time from the zips (see TODO) Additional changes may be required. For examples, see these projects: * JDK 1.4: eodm, jet, jeteditor, ocl, query, validation, transaction * JDK 1.5: cdo, net4j
4. Edit templateFiles/index.html.template: ensure all requirements are listed in the Requirements table (see TODO)
5. Edit builder/*/build.properties: ensure they are configured for the correct JDK version (see TODO)
6. Edit builder/*/customTargets.xml: ensure all requirements are downloaded and unpacked as needed (see TODO) verify all namespaces are properly defined in -bundleDirectoryMatchRegex argument (see TODO)
7. Edit builder/tests/configs/local/customTest.xml: ensure all requirements are downloaded and unpacked as needed (see TODO)
8. Edit builder/tests/configs/local/testing.properties: ensure proper JDK and vmflags are set (see TODOs)
9. Edit builder/tests/scripts/runtests: ensure proper JDK is set (see TODO) ensure proper J2SE15flags are set (see TODO)
10. Edit builder/tests/scripts/test.xml: ensure all requirements are downloaded and unpacked as needed (see TODO) ensure if your test plugin is jarred you (un)comment out the appropriate lines (see TODOs)
This is a checklist of all the customizations required to move from generic template to custom implementation. Ideally, much of this could be replaced with an Eclipse-based Wizard.
- _SHORTNAME_, _PROJECTNAMESPACE_
- JDK version (1.4, 1.5), $JAVA_HOME / $javaHome flags/variables, JVM option flags (-Xmx, -Xms...)
- email name/address for newsgroup posts
- files in SDK that need to be copied to runtime/examples for completeness, etc.
- test plugin jarred/not-jarred
- cvs username(s) (usually set to nickb; doesn't need to change)
- included namespaces (usually just org.eclipse._PROJECTNAMESPACE_, but can include more)
- upstream dependencies (usually just Eclipse + EMF, but sometimes more)
- 3rd party jars used only for building (but not publishable) (usually none)
- additional extra customizations (if any)