Modeling Project Releng/Component Creation
This is a process workflow for creating a new EMFT component.
Names in square brackets are assignees. If more than one assignee is listed, the first listed is the principal w/ other(s) as backup.
- WM = Webmaster(s)
- PMC = Project Management Chair
- REL = Release Engineer
- COMP = Component Owner
Committer Legal Setup
- [PMC] submit New Project Provisioning Request (NPPR) for new component and COMP, per http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_provisioning_request.php
- [PMC] submit New Committer Request Form (NCRF) for COMP, per http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/new-committer.php
- [COMP] fax committer agreement to the EMO
- [COMP] fax company agreement to the EMO
- [COMP] submit Committer Questionnaire
Commiter Account Setup
- [WM] create dev.eclipse.org userid for COMP; user requires a full shell, not a restricted one
- [WM] add COMP to groups emf-jcrm, emf-jcrm-releng
- [WM] add COMP to groups emftadmin (download.eclipse) & modeling-home (www.eclipse)
- [WM] add REL to group emf-jcrm-releng
- [COMP] provide component description text to PMC & REL for website intro/detail & Bugzilla component description
- [COMP] provide introductory wiki page, linked from EMFT page
- [COMP] register with Bugzilla to create an account
- [REL] add new component, with COMP as default assignee
- [WM] change group id on /cvsroot/modeling/org.eclipse.emf/org.eclipse.emf.jcrm/ to emf-jcrm
- [WM] change group id on /cvsroot/modeling/org.eclipse.emf/org.eclipse.emf.jcrm.releng/ to emf-jcrm-releng
- [COMP] commit code into /cvsroot/modeling/org.eclipse.emf/org.eclipse.emf.jcrm/ per details in EMFT Procedures. Recommend setting plugins to version 0.7.0 if based on EMF 2.2 or 0.8.0 if based on EMF 2.3; or, if code is really new, could start with 0.5.0.
- [COMP] Third party code must be submitted to IPzilla for legal clearance before being committed to CVS. Note also that many 3rd party libraries are available via the Orbit project, and so can be added to the project at build time (rather than needing to be duplicated in CVS).
- [REL] add new component to the EMFT website; identify as having no downloads yet
- [COMP] contact REL via IM (eg., User:nickb) to begin releng coordination
- [COMP] provide component compilation requirements to REL: upstream dependencies (eg., EMF, UML2, OCL...), 3rd party libraries (from Orbit or other), JDK version (1.4 or 5.0), plugin version (eg., usually 0.7.0 to start). See also Build UI.
- [REL] set up build server (emft.eclipse.org or build.eclipse.org)
- [COMP] publish first JCRM build to download1.eclipse.org
- [REL] update website to reflect project has first successful build. See Modeling_Project_Releng/Website_Maintenance#Site_Navigation.
- [REL] update Search CVS (incl. relupdate.php) to ensure component is being logged (release notes, build news)