Modeling Project Releng/Building/Signing And Packing
This document is a work in progress.
1. You must have permission to ssh to build.eclipse.org. This is where the signing will occur.
2. You must be able to ssh from your build server to build.eclipse.org without being prompted for a host key or password. The first time you try to connect from your build server, accept the host key and you should never be prompted again. If you can ssh from your build server to dev.eclipse.org or download1.eclipse.org, you should be able to connect to build.eclipse.org using the same credentials and ssh key.
3. While on build.eclipse.org, you must be able to create files in your staging folder, eg., /home/data/httpd/download-staging.priv/modeling/emft.
4. While on build.eclipse.org, you must be able to run /usr/bin/jarsigner.
1. Create an "all" or "master" feature, which will build SDK, examples, and any other features you might build. This obsoletes the need for an SDK builder, runtime builder, doc builder, and examples builder. You can still use your custom doc plugin builder; this just cleans up some redundancies in your .releng project.
2. Add this new feature to your map file.
3. Add a new builder/all/ folder in your .releng project.
4. Change your .releng/buildAll.xml to use new signing/packing code. You'll notice that many targets have been removed to buildAllHelper.xml to simplify this file, and some things have been reordered. The most important change is that you must now define your own packaging; however, by only doing a single PDE build for the whole "All" feature (and a second one for your tests), your build will run faster. This is important because jar signing can take a few minutes or as much as an hour, depending on the queue ahead of your build.
5. Add pack200="true" to all your update site's site*.xml files:
<site pack200="true" ...>
6. Use new update site builder (coming soon) -- see bug 173651.
- bug 173651: Support Pack200 in Modeling builds / update sites
- bug 217929: M2T Signing & Packing
bug 217945: Problems with file permissions in signed/packed jars
- bug 211613: JDK 6's Pack200 is not backward compatible with JDK 5 if packed jars contain no classfiles