Modeling PMC Meeting, 2007-02-20
Revision as of 17:35, 25 February 2007 by Codeslave.ca.ibm.com (formatting)
Time: 10:00 am Eastern (U.S.)
Toll Free Dial In Number: (888) 476-6128
Int'l Access/Caller Paid Dial In Number: (517) 267-1462
PARTICIPANT CODE: 888691
- EclipseCon 2007
- All tracks selections made and scheduled.
- Planning Council Meeting items:
- We need to create a project ramp down policy (see Platform's)
- Created Modeling Project Ramp Down Policy for review (copy of WTP's)
- Jar signing for Europa - all projects need to do this
- Only Nick is exploring so far, it seems.
- EMF statement of support for Java 1.4 vs. Java 5
- Modeling project policy on use of non-API (inappropriately known as 'internal API')
- [Rich] to start content.
- Europa downloads: Tooling vs. SDK (Tooling used in favor of 'runtime')
- GMT components: plans for becoming full Eclipse? (e.g. oAW)
- Jean is aware of the issues and is making progress towards correcting. It may take some time, given the nature of GMT components.
- Review and discuss Sandro Böhme's JCR Proposal. Comments by Sandro: As I said, the vision is to offer Eclipse functionality to the JCR community with a model driven approach. Here is a more up to date list of projects I'm currently checking in the order of priority (most important first):
- EMF integration as a basis for rich client editors for nodes.
- Integration of a model to model transformation tool (e.g. ATL) for nodes and node types.
- AMW for weaving node type models to EMF (ecore) models.
- GMF integration for nodes and node types. It could be used for a node type modeller tool and a DSL that is based on nodes.
- EMF for object persistence into nodes.
- In case there is a diff-tool for models it would be useful for nodes and node types.
- AM3 for a node type repository
- Integration of a model to text transformation tool (e.g. XPand or Jet) for nodes and node types.
- It was generally agreed that this could make a nice addition to Modeling, although the exact home is uncertain and is expected to be resolved during the proposal phase.
- EMFT remains as an incubator?
- Agreed, along with some discussion to clarify the intent and nature of parallel IP process benefits to be gained and how this may be different for non-incubation projects that may still contain incubating components. There are still a lot of questions regarding components, but it is thought these are intentionally ambiguous to allow for flexibility.
- Incubator markers on existing projects
- Nick has begun this for MDT & EMFT, even at the component level. M2M and M2T (when provisioned) will need to add "Gazoo". FYI, I opened bug 175200 asking for new logo/icons.
- [Rich] to start non-API policy wiki.