Modeling PMC Meeting, 2008-04-15
Time: 10:00AM Eastern
Conference number: North America 1-866-245-5059, Global 800-4444-1010, Toronto 416-343-2607 Passcode: 1972050
- M2T Project co-lead
- Paul to send update to request for approval by PMC and notification of EMO. Only concerns were about the potential explosion of PMC members if each component becomes a co-lead. We agreed to have one nominated representative attend PMC calls, alternating and coordinating as seen fit within the project. Also, the early advice of Bjorn in the difficulties sometimes faced by co-leads on projects was raised, though Ed and Rich seem to have no issues working in this state. We further agreed that it would be beneficial to have Bernd be a co-lead, as he is in the the same timezone and works with those active on the M2T backend and Xpand components.
- Papyrus component proposal
- Proposal was presented with PMC nod to move forward with new component creation. Some concerns, echoing those expressed at the UML2 Tools usability BoF at EclipseCon, were raised. The most important are: not to simply copy and extend the exiting UML2 Tools codebase, but rather extend it as a natural dependency; to ensure we are focused on long term solutions that can be adopted by commercial vendors, and in a manner suitable for their extensibility; to work toward a generative approach, as is the current goal of the UML2 Tools component; to cross-pollinate the component teams, such that improvements and smooth integration are possible on both ends. Overall, everyone is enthusiastic about providing a single (hopefully final) UML2 Tooling environment in Eclipse. We'll just have to remain diligent to ensure we satisfy all of our communities.
- EclipseWorld Call for Speakers
- Kenn was wondering who else was planning to attend/speak. Rich is planning to present the 'Modeling Project as a DSL Toolkit' talk (same as EclipseCon). Anthony may be delivering a talk. Kenn has two proposals to submit that seemingly do not overlap.
- Ganymede project reviews
- The plan is for each component and project lead to produce the required release/graduation/continuation review materials for review by the PMC, as the Foundation itself may decide to skip the usual call (where things aren't actually reviewed in detail anyway).