Model to Model Transformation - MMT
< To: Modeling
Model-to-model transformation is a key aspect of model-driven development (MDD). The M2M project provides a framework for model-to-model transformation languages. Transformations are executed by transformation engines. There are three transformation engines that are developed in the scope of this project: ATL, QVTO, QVTR. M2M is a subproject of the top-level Eclipse Modeling Project.
M2M Transformation Languages and Engines
The three languages currently supported by M2M are:
- Atlas Transformation Language (ATL)
- QVT Operational Mappings Language (QVTo)
- QVT Declarative Languages (QVTd), supporting QVT Core (QVTc) and QVT Relations (QVTr)
Questions and Discussions About M2M Usage
Questions and discussions about the M2M projects and/or about its components (i.e., ATL, QVTo, QVTd) should be directed to the eclipse.modeling.m2m Eclipse newsgroup. There are also archives, as well as a newsportal (i.e., news access from web browser) available for this newsgroup.
In order to keep the discussions understandable, the subject of every post should be prefixed with the name of the component it is targeting:
- [ATL] for the ATL component.
- [QVTo] for the QVT Operational component
- [QVTd] (or [QVTc],[QVTr]) for the QVT Declarative component
- or [M2M] if the overall project is targeted.
This last rule is to make sure that erroneously unprefixed messages are not misinterpreted as targeting the overall project.