MoDisco/New And Noteworthy
- 1 MoDisco 0.9 (Indigo version)
- 1.1 Infrastructure
- 1.2 Technologies
- 2 MoDisco 0.8 (Helios version)
MoDisco 0.9 (Indigo version)
Facilitate development, reuse and usability of Discoverers
The discoverer framework has been refactored to satisfy new requirements, including major simplifications for adopters and developers: discoverers are now easier to define and call programmatically.
All existing discoverer implementations have been migrated to this new framework, and old discoverer implementations have been deprecated.
- All discoverers now use a generic parameters launching dialog:
- A new Discoverers view shows all registered discoverers:
- There is now a Wizard to create and register a new Discoverer implementation:
Please consult the related documentation for more details on new features.
This plug-in proposes a small framework for building weaving information between code models (Java, C++, ...) and physical resources (disk files and directories). Such a weaving information is convenient for client programs in order to access physical files.
This plug-in is an infrastructure component and it does not provide features to the MoDisco end-user. Only the contributor and adopter communities are concerned by this plug-in.
Model Browser Improvement
The browser now does more operations in the background, so that you can continue to interact with the UI while it is loading model elements or computing queries, customizations or facets.
Refactoring Discovery : Existing discoverers based on new framework
Java to UML Usability Improvement
MoDisco 0.8 (Helios version)
The new version provides:
- A new look&feel
- The possibility to dynamically customize how the model elements are displayed (label, color, icon, police, ...)
- The support of the Facet extension mechanism (the virtual types, attributes and relations are visible within the browser).
- The possibility to execute a Query against model elements
Query Manager (new)
This new component provides a facade to evaluate queries against a model independently from the query mechanism. Implementations are provided to call queries written in Java, EMFQuery, OCL and XPath.
Facet Manager (new)
This new component provides a mechanism to dynamically extend model elements by adding "virtual" attributes and relations computed by queries.
This new version provides :
- A generator to regenerate source code from the EMF model.
- A "filter" field in the Discoverer's wizard to exclude packages from the source code analysis
This new component provides an ECore definition of XML files and a discoverer to create corresponding EMF models from existing XML files.