The goal of the Java Generation plug-in is to allow Java code generation from a Java model. Such a generation will fulfill some of the requirements for Legacy refactoring & migration.
This plug-in proposes Acceleo MTL modules for generating Java files conforming to Java models. Templates are contained in two modules :
- Structures modules : top level templates for generating classes/method/field declarations
- Statements modules
Java models are obtained with Java Discoverer component.
Considering a Java legacy, a minimal migration/refactoring chain will involve :
- A Java model discovery step
- A m2m transformation step
- A Java generation code step with the current component
To use the plug-in you need:
- JDK 1.5 or above
- a version of Eclipse 3.5 or above with the following set of plug-ins installed
Fabien Giquel (Mia-Software)
All of the source code is stored in a public source repository, which you can access at:
The bundle is also available from the MoDisco update site (only nightly update site at the moment).
A prerequisite is a Java model. Please refer to Java Discoverer user manual.
To launch Java generation :
- Create an Accelo launch configuration pointing to Generate_JavaStructures java class, and specify the input model and target folder (require a checkout or import of the org.eclipse.gmt.modisco.java.generation into the workspace).
- Add org.eclipse.gmt.modisco.java.generation in your plugin dependencies and use the Generate_JavaStructures main method with input model and target folder as parameters.