< To: MDT
|Mailing List • Forums|
|Browse Source • Project Set File|
This page provides the required information for the MoDisco v0.8.0 Release Review, as part of the upcoming Helios Simultaneous Release.
MoDisco stands for Model Discovery.
It provides a generic and extensible MDE framework to support different reverse engineering scenarios such as modernization, quality assurance, retro-documentation, improvement, etc.
Thus, the focus of MoDisco is on Model Driven Reverse Engineering.
It is an Eclipse Model Development Tools (MDT) project, inside the Eclipse Modeling Project (EMP).
MoDisco was formerly part of the Generative Modeling Technologies (GMT) project, and has successfully undergone a Move Review on the 27th of April 2010: the corresponding docuware can be found from the Eclipse past reviews page
The different features provided by MoDisco v0.8.0, as part of the Helios Release, are of two categories.
- The EMF reference implementation of Knowledge Discovery Metamodel (KDM, an OMG/ADM standard), corresponding discoverers and a transformation to UML2;
- The EMF reference implementation of Software Metrics Metamodel (SMM, an OMG/ADM standard;
- The customizable Model Browser for more efficiently navigating large and complex models discovered from legacy systems;
- The Discovery Manager for fastest integration of new or existing discoverers;
- The Discovery Workflow for more easily building discovery chains (including discoverers and transformations);
- The Query Manager for allowing language-independent querying on models of legacy systems;
- The Facet Manager for dynamically extending the metamodels used at different steps of the processes;
- The Metrics Visualization Builder for automatically generating HTML, SVG or Excel representations of metrics stored in a model.
Testing & Packaging
Community & Support