MoDisco/Components/ModelBrowser/New And Noteworthy
|Mailing List • Forums|
|Browse Source • Project Set File|
Extracted core functionality from the browser, so that it can be reused in other plug-ins (see UI Core). This makes it possible to embed model browsing functionality in any view. For example, plug-in infra.browser.uicore.examples.cnf demonstrates how to integrate the model browser in the Project Explorer (using the Common Navigator Framework) :
- Editing support:
- Create new children elements
- Delete a model element (with all its references)
- Edit attributes through the Properties view
- Save and Save As
- Performance improvements
- For each metamodel, memorize and restore chosen customizations and facets when the browser is opened
- Support for contributions to the browser's context menu
- Option to show the EMF URI of each model element
- The browser is now automatically refreshed when one of its resources is externally modified
- New option to display a unique ID on each model element ( ). This makes it easier to know whether two elements in the tree are equal.
- Removed the dialog that asked for the loading depth each time the browser was opened; replaced it by a preference in a new preference page.
The browser is now extensively customizable through the use of uiCustom files:
These customizations can be easily created using a dedicated editor:
The browser components are now fully internationalization ready.
Eclipse Forms look:
Less often used options are moved to a sub-menu in each toolbar so as to avoid cluttering the UI.
- The browser now allows displaying linked resources