|Mailing List • Forums|
|Browse Source • Project Set File|
The Knowledge Discovery Metamodel (KDM) is a publicly available specification from the Object Management Group (OMG). KDM is a common intermediate representation for existing software systems and their operating environments, that defines common metadata required for deep semantic integration of Application Lifecycle Management tools. KDM is designed as the OMG's foundation for software modernization, IT portfolio management and software assurance. KDM is a metamodel for knowledge discovery in software. It defines a common vocabulary of knowledge related to software engineering artifacts, regardless of the implementation programming language and runtime platform - a checklist of items that a software mining tool should discover and a software analysis tool can use. KDM is designed to enable knowledge-based integration between tools. More specifically, KDM uses Meta-Object Facility (MOF) to define an interchange format between tools that work with existing software as well as an abstract interface (API) for the next-generation assurance and modernization tools.
See more on the dedicated web site : OMG KDM
To use the plug-in you need:
- JDK 1.5 or above
- a version of Eclipse 3.3 or above with the following set of plug-ins installed
- EMF 2.3.0 or higher
- Nick Mansurov (KDM Analytics) (KDM metamodel)
- UML Converter
- KDM Source Discoverer
- Romain Dervaux
- Fabien Giquel (Mia-Software)
- Gabriel Barbier (Mia-Software)
- Frederic Madiot (Mia-Software)
All the source code is stored in the Eclipse public source repository:
- KDM metamodel : https://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.modisco/plugins/trunk/org.eclipse.gmt.modisco.omg.kdm
- KDM Source discoverer : https://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.modisco/plugins/trunk/org.eclipse.modisco.kdm.source.discoverer/
- KDM to UML discoverer : https://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.modisco/plugins/trunk/org.eclipse.modisco.kdm.uml2converter
Connection parameters to SVN repository: MoDisco SVN.
See: installing MoDisco.
- see the KDM Code discoverer from the Java component.
- there is also a component to convert KDM models to UML models : KDM to UML Converter
|Components|| Infrastructure: KDM · SMM · GASTM · Model Browser · Discovery Manager · MoDisco Workflow · Query Manager · Facet Manager · Metrics Visualization Builder · KDM Source Extension|
Technologies: Java · JEE · EjbJar · WebApp · XML
Use Cases: Simple Transformation Chain · Model Filter
|Help||Installation · SVN|
|Project||API Policy · Retention Policy · Project Plan · metrics · Accessibility Guidelines · Capabilities Disablement|