|Mailing List • Forums|
|Browse Source • Project Set File|
Knowledge Discovery Metamodel (KDM) is a publicly available specification from the Object Management Group (OMG). KDM is a common intermediate representation for existing software systems and their operating environments, that defines common metadata required for deep semantic integration of Application Lifecycle Management tools. KDM is designed as the OMG's foundation for software modernization, IT portfolio management and software assurance. KDM is a metamodel for knowledge discovery in software. It defines a common vocabulary of knowledge related to software engineering artifacts, regardless of the implementation programming language and runtime platform - a checklist of items that a software mining tool should discover and a software analysis tool can use. KDM is designed to enable knowledge-based integration between tools. More specifically, KDM uses Meta-Object Facility (MOF) to define an interchange format between tools that work with existing software as well as an abstract interface (API) for the next-generation assurance and modernization tools.
See more on dedicated web site : OMG KDM
To use the plug-in you need:
- JDK 1.5 or above
- a version of Eclipse 3.3 or above with the following set of plug-ins installed
- EMF 2.3.0 or higher
- Nick Mansurov (KDM Analytics) (KDM metamodel)
- KDM Source Discoverer
- Romain Dervaux
- Fabien Giquel (Mia-Software)
- Gabriel Barbier (Mia-Software)
- Frederic Madiot (Mia-Software)
You will find a version of this plug-in in the SVN repository.
- Installation instructions
- Import the project in your workspace using a SVN client.
- Use the "export" menu to export this project as a plug-in (Deployable plug-ins and fragments) in your Eclipse installation. Don't forget to choose the "Package plug-ins as individual jar archives" option.
- Re-start your Eclipse to take this plug-in into account.
Connection parameters to SVN repository: MoDisco SVN.
There are two existing discoverers, one from java sources or java models, and one from csharp models.
There is also a component to convert KDM models to UML models : KDM to UML Converter