< To: MDT
|Mailing List • Forums|
|Browse Source • Project Set File|
MoDisco provides an extensible framework to develop model-driven tools to support use-cases of existing software modernization.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Documentation
- 2.1 Reference Documentation
- 2.2 How to download and install ?
- 2.3 Publications
- 2.4 Screencasts & Slides
- 2.5 Project documents
- 3 Support
- 4 Getting involved
- 5 Relationship with other Eclipse Projects
- 6 Team
Modernizing an existing software system implies :
- Describing the information extracted out of the artifacts of this system
- Understanding the extracted information in order to take the good modernization decisions
- Transforming this information to new artifacts facilitating the modernization (metrics, document, transformed code, ...)
To support these activities, MoDisco aims at providing :
- Metamodels to describe existing systems
- Discoverers to automatically create models of these systems
- Generic tools to understand and transform complex models created out of existing systems
- Use-cases illustrating how MoDisco can support modernization processes
To facilitate reuse of components between several modernization solutions, MoDisco is organized in three layers:
- Introducing Eclipse MoDisco...
- Latest version documentation (0.11 - Kepler)
- 0.10 documentation (for Juno, nightly builds) (friends of Eclipse mirror)
- 0.9 documentation (for Indigo)
- 0.8 documentation (for Helios)
- MoDisco Flyer-Poster (2011 version)
How to download and install ?
- How to Deal with your IT Legacy? What is Coming up in MoDisco: A short article about the current status of MoDisco, as part of ERCIM News 88 focusing on Evolving Software, January 2012 (pages 43-44).
- How to Deal with your IT Legacy? Reverse Engineering using Models: MoDisco in a Nutshell!: A complete article about MoDisco v0.9.0, as part of the JavaTech Journal #10 focusing on the Eclipse Indigo Simultaneous Release, August 2011 (pages 21-24).
- MoDisco: a Generic and Extensible Framework for Model Driven Reverse Engineering: A short paper introducing MoDisco, published in the ASE Conference 2010 (Antwerp, Belgium, September 2010).
- MoDisco, a Model-Driven Platform to Support Real Legacy Modernization Use Cases: A detailed book chapter from Information Systems Transformation: Architecture-Driven Modernization Case Studies, The Morgan Kaufmann/OMG Press, March 2010 (pages 365-400).
Screencasts & Slides
- Introducing Eclipse MoDisco, October 2013
- MoDisco as a concrete use case provider for Virtual EMF (Standard Talk), EclipseCon Europe 2011 in Ludwigsburg (Germany), November 2, 2011
- Eclipse Modeling & MoDisco - An Introduction to Modeling and (Model Driven) Reverse Engineering, September, 2011 (MoDisco demo visible here!)
- MoDisco and ATL, Eclipse DemoCamp Indigo in Nantes (France), June 30, 2011
- Spy On Your Models (Standard Talk), EclipseCon 2011 in Santa Clara (California, USA), March 22, 2011.
- Analyze your Software Assets With MoDisco, Eclipse Day 2010 in Paris (France), 2010
- Using EMF to represent Eclipse 3.x plug-ins, Modeling Symposium, Eclipse Summit Europe 2010 in Ludwigsburg (Germany), November 2, 2010.
- How to Deal With Your IT Legacy? Reverse Engineering with MoDisco (Standard Talk), EclipseCon 2010 in Santa Clara (California, USA), March 22, 2010.
- The example source code is available on Mia-Software web site.
- Discovery of Models with MoDisco, Eclipse Summit Europe 2009 in Ludwigsburg (Germany), October 29, 2009.
- The Eclipse MoDisco Project Eclipse, Modeling Symposium, Eclipse Summit Europe 2009 in Ludwigsburg (Germany), October 27, 2009.
Release Train Required Documents
- Project Plan (Deprecated project mangement tool)
- Project Plan
- API Policy
- Running Unit Tests
- Feature Hierarchy
- Project's Metrics
- Retention Policy
- Accessibility Guidelines
- Capabilities definition
- Ramp down
GMT to MDT migration
- IP Log (Indigo)
- Indigo Review docuware
- Indigo Simultaneous Release (Calendar)
- Indigo Release Train Requirement Conformance Summary
- Luna Project Plan for MoDisco
Project Creation Documents
The MoDisco project is open to contributors!
What can you provide?
- new modernization use-cases
- extensions of MoDisco components
- metamodels of legacy technologies
- discoverers and model transformations
See the MoDisco Wishlist for ideas of contributions.
Get the source of MoDisco projects
See the SVN Howto
How to contribute your code?
- See the MoDisco contribution guidelines.
- See the MoDisco developer guide.
- See the MoDisco releng.
- See the MoDisco Bug Process.
- Non enhancement opened bugs sort by importance (P1=planed for the next milestone, P2=planed for the next release, P3=not planned yet, P4=planed for the next "non service" release, P5=delayed)
- Enhancement opened bugs sort by importance (P1=planed for the next milestone, P2=planed for the next release, P3=not planned yet, P4=planed for the next "non service" release, P5=delayed)
- Unit Test Failure
- The list of not assigned closed (and resolved) bugs (must be empty)
- The list of fixed bugs without any target milestone (must be empty)
- The list of assigned bug without a copy to email@example.com (must be empty)
- Bugs not flagged indigo or helios and older than May 6th, 2010
- Not closed bug having an iplog+
- All bug containing an attachment and not flagged iplog+ (useful for the IP reviews)
- External contributions
- non-committer attachments
Relationship with other Eclipse Projects
MoDisco reuses lots of EMP projects:
- EMF to describe and manipulate models of existing systems.
- M2M to implement transformation of models into other models
- M2T to implement generation of text (documentation or code)
MoDisco also reuses other projects such as:
- JDT to create models out of Java source code
- Hugo Bruneliere - AtlanMod (project co-leader)
- Grégoire Dupé - Mia-Software (project co-leader)
- Fabien Giquel - Mia-Software (committer)
- Nicolas Bros - Mia-Software (committer)
- Gabriel Barbier - Thales (committer)
- Frédéric Madiot - Obeo (committer)
|Components|| Infrastructure: KDM · SMM · GASTM · Model Browser · Discovery Manager · MoDisco Workflow · Query Manager · Facet Manager · Metrics Visualization Builder · KDM Source Extension|
Technologies: Java · JEE · EjbJar · WebApp · XML
Use Cases: Simple Transformation Chain · Model Filter
|Help||Installation · SVN|
|Project||API Policy · Retention Policy · Project Plan · metrics · Accessibility Guidelines · Capabilities Disablement|